Camping card ASCI ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
ACSI is great in out of season and there is an app you can download if you can't get this years book it has even more sites on it and you only pay for the country's/regions you want

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
No.
Not worth having. Just one more hassle restricting your freedom if you are determined to use participating sites.

I can't believe some of you tight fisted ****'s. You pay half the gross national product of a small planet for a van with a mattress and a bog and yet you try to save a few shekels on site facilities which cost a bloody fortune to set up and run!

What's wrong with paying a fair price?

OOOOOOooooooohhhh! Poo:envy:

been at the wine, have we

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
ACSI is great in out of season and there is an app you can download if you can't get this years book it has even more sites on it and you only pay for the country's/regions you want

true, but you only get the discount we the card

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
No.
Not worth having. Just one more hassle restricting your freedom if you are determined to use participating sites.

I can't believe some of you tight fisted ****'s. You pay half the gross national product of a small planet for a van with a mattress and a bog and yet you try to save a few shekels on site facilities which cost a bloody fortune to set up and run!

The ACSI rates ar
Tremendous response, had me tittering in a demented fashion
At least we have agreement on your state of mind, smell of Facts perhaps.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
I have finished with the ACSI book we used throughout our trip to spain and france. If you can get a card i can let you have my book with no charge except possibly postage. The app is very good also but you do need to purchase that and download the maps.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we hope to use ours when we go over in September . it comes in handy. but @Mousy our card is blue. and still in the book.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
No.

What nonsense! Have you actually used the Acsi CC ? I can only assume that this is a silly joke ?

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpg

This is what I've ordered (but Dutch book). I think I've set it up to have annually....opps!

Is it the wrong card @cliffandger?

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Looks like the correct book to me @Mousy. same colour at the one we have but we got 2 books for different areas of europe

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
If you cannot get the Acsi CC from the Vicarious books or anywhere else ...sometimes you can buy it from some campsites in France in French of course . It is worth having for sure but not essential since sometimes the municipal sites are even cheaper than the cheapest Acsi cc rate although the facilities vary a great deal . If you cannot get the Acsi camping card international you can get one from the Caravan Club or Camping and Caravanning Club instead if you are a member. It is essential since you can use it instead of your passport . I am sure that by now you are suffering from information and personal opinions overload so I will not add anymore to it except .....Do it your way and enjoy !

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Don't be nervous of that first trip abroad. Treat it for what it is, a glorious adventure!

Don't take too much notice of some of the comments, you will soon be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I sometimes wish I could erase the years of travel around Europe and farther afield, and start again as a novice, that feeling of excitement, tinged with apprehension, is just one of the greatest feelings ever.

Get your ACSI card if you can, but don't worry if you can't, there is always another opportunity following along.

Go out and have some fun because learning should be fun.

" Into the great wide open,
under the Skies of blue,
Into the great wide open,
a rebel without a clue"

Tom Petty.
Too true ,the first few trips are the best,don't let the apprehension get in the way of the enjoyment and remember to pack your sense of humour !...............Martin

:cooler:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We find the ACSI books invaluable. Not just for the discount but also for all the information on the sites - how big the site is, how big the pitches are, nearest watering hole/restaurant/shops, whether laundry facilties are available, whether suitable for larger vans etc etc. Wouldn't be without.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It is the one where passport details are recorded.

My pal Em Told me most of the campsites in France will not require us to deposit our passports with them if we have the card.. So this is the one we would like.

If you have recorded your details then it would be no use to us but thanks anyway..

Thats a camping carnet,,you can get one from either of the two big clubs,,,about a fiver. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
No.

When you are away for 90 nights a 5 or 6 euro a night saving is worth having unless you are very rich which i am not.BUSBY.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
When we first started we bought the ASCI books, but within a year discovered that whilst the book was handy for reference we never used the facilities and therefore was a waste of time. The only books we buy each year now is Camperstop for EU and Britstops for UK. We also have 1 or 2 "apps" on iPhone which are useful at times.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Don't think it's been said but, the advantage with the ACSI discount card is that you get reduced site fees for a single night's stay, which is ideal for touring. If you're going to camp in one place for months ACSI is no cheaper than site long term discounts.

Deleted User
When we first started we bought the ASCI books, but within a year discovered that whilst the book was handy for reference we never used the facilities and therefore was a waste of time. The only books we buy each year now is Camperstop for EU and Britstops for UK. We also have 1 or 2 "apps" on iPhone which are useful at times.

If you don't use sites it would seem self evident that a site discount scheme would not be of much use.

Reactions: DBK

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Can you get the book posted out to Spain? This winter we are going away early December so the book won't be out. Anyone done this please?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Blimey....

I thought the card was to point us in the direction of sites that had been vetted in some way.

They are indeed vetted. When we were staying at the ACSI listed site at Haro in Spain in June there was a Dutchman (classic Dutch moustache and all) wandering around with a bag on which "ACSI" was prominently written. Later we saw him quizzing what I took to be the campsite owner and he was painstakingly going through a check list. They were doing this in the camp restaurant at lunch time and they were there when we arrived and they were still there talking when we left having had lunch! And of course no one forces sites to be listed on ACSI - they do it to attract customers and it most certainly works in our case. The ACSI book or books as there are two volumes are all you really need to find sites although it is useful having other sources such as, for example, the Caravan Club book for Spain and Portugal which is a bit out of date but it does sometimes list sites in places where ACSI doesn't show any. For long stays ACSI may not be the cheapest and you might be better trying to haggle your own price but for overnight or shortish stays it is very easy to use and the prices are very reasonable. No good for aires of course but for campsites the scheme is very convenient - which I think is its major attraction, easy to use and prices known upfront before you arrive.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
They are indeed vetted. When we were staying at the ACSI listed site at Haro in Spain in June there was a Dutchman (classic Dutch moustache and all) wandering around with a bag on which "ACSI" was prominently written. Later we saw him quizzing what I took to be the campsite owner and he was painstakingly going through a check list. They were doing this in the camp restaurant at lunch time and they were there when we arrived and they were still there talking when we left having had lunch! And of course no one forces sites to be listed on ACSI - they do it to attract customers and it most certainly works in our case. The ACSI book or books as there are two volumes are all you really need to find sites although it is useful having other sources such as, for example, the Caravan Club book for Spain and Portugal which is a bit out of date but it does sometimes list sites in places where ACSI doesn't show any. For long stays ACSI may not be the cheapest and you might be better trying to haggle your own price but for overnight or shortish stays it is very easy to use and the prices are very reasonable. No good for aires of course but for campsites the scheme is very convenient - which I think is its major attraction, easy to use and prices known upfront before you arrive.

Just to add to the above .It is a common mistake made by many when they see an ACSI inspected sign outside a campsite to assume that it is a part of the ACSI CC scheme. Only campsites with sign of ACSI CC accepted are a part of the off season discount scheme .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back