Camping & Caravan Club: Site Facilities ? (1 Viewer)

How do you rate the toilet and shower facilities on a Camping and Caravan Club site

• Excellent

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Good

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Poor or below average

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I must say some people should be banned from coming back in the dark.

I saw someone return in the dark and demolish next doors awning, they where slightly off course in their reverse navigation.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

:Eeek: Would these be the same people who cannot drive in the daylight :ROFLMAO: Glad you said some :ROFLMAO::thumb:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
The reason is simple..

... The CC club don't allow tents unless they are with a caravan or mh , besides, I am well acquainted with the excellent facilities on CC sites.

Jim,

We looked at the CC book recently, as our daughter wanted to know if they could "tent" at a CC site. To our surprise about FIFTY sites stated "tent campers admitted" Yes, it is a small proportion, but it is a start.

On the question of camping costs, this season the C&CC have offered two deals, 4 nights for the price of 3 starting on a Monday, and:

7 nights for the price of 5, starting any day of the week.

These deals can only be booked direct with the participating site, and have to be REQUESTED, so online booking is a no no.

So, even if you youngsters don't qualify for the age con. discount, a 25% or 40% discount is available, for one week at least, at one site. No its not available twice, if staying or booking for two weeks.

Depending how one uses it, it can create a better discount than the discontinued passport system.

Even though the CC do have camping available, in fairness, you will have a larger selection with the C&CC.

Yes.... I am a retired manager of the C&CC but I will always offer a balanced opinion, still carrying duel membership.

Hope this helps

Nomadic

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim,

We looked at the CC book recently, as our daughter wanted to know if they could "tent" at a CC site. To our surprise about FIFTY sites stated "tent campers admitted" Yes, it is a small proportion, but it is a start.

On the question of camping costs, this season the C&CC have offered two deals, 4 nights for the price of 3 starting on a Monday, and:

7 nights for the price of 5, starting any day of the week.

These deals can only be booked direct with the participating site, and have to be REQUESTED, so online booking is a no no.

So, even if you youngsters don't qualify for the age con. discount, a 25% or 40% discount is available, for one week at least, at one site. No its not available twice, if staying or booking for two weeks.

Depending how one uses it, it can create a better discount than the discontinued passport system.

Even though the CC do have camping available, in fairness, you will have a larger selection with the C&CC.

Yes.... I am a retired manager of the C&CC but I will always offer a balanced opinion, still carrying duel membership.

Hope this helps

Nomadic

Hi

thanks for the informative post ..

Firstly, I don't know who started the rumour that I'm a youngster .. but quite happy to let it continue .. :roflmto:

I was unaware that the CC had sites where tents were permitted

from the CC web site :

Membership benefits are reserved for caravanners, motor caravanners and trailer tenters only. Tent campers are not able to stay on any 'member only' Club Sites or Certificated Locations.

If you have an ordinary tent you can find out which Club Sites you can stay on by ticking the 'Tent Campers welcome' within the 'facilities box' when performing a search on our Search and Book page. There are around 60 that accept tent campers.

To be perfectly frank, the CC don't want the riff raff so I doubt they will ever open the barrier to tents on the Member Only sites .
cheers

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Jim

As I understand it CC only admits tents on sites that are owned by local authorities. The CC took on running the sites with the proviso that tents would be admitted.

Don't know how true but was told this by a warden.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back