Camping & Caravan Club Latest FAQ's

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by acting_strange, Oct 24, 2013.

1. acting_strange

acting_strange

2. daisy mae

daisy mae Read Only Funster

Clear as mud, just a hike in prices , will have to think of different sites /BSs

3. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

A retrograde step !!

I for one like to know exactly how much my site fees are so I can plan accordingly !:thumb:

So, I will not be renewing my membership !:Doh::Doh::Doh:

4. Detnor

Detnor Funster

Next it will be charging for the toilets...
    Adding a £1 charge for hardstanding does not seem a clever move, the temptation will be to save the money and park on a grass pitch, then when you get stuck, the pitch will be ploughed and unusable.
    I've never had a problem with the C&CC but this change does seem to be ill considered. They can vary the pitch prices to suit the club whenever they choose but the member can't cancel within 30 days.
    Fortunately they have the Temp Holiday Sites (THS), at least one redeeming feature, but then again, they are run by the members, not the club.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ehuplad

ehuplad Read Only Funster

There are a lot of changes all at once, not always a good way to do it (don't like change).

Do not forget the Camping and caravan club, does not make a profit for anybody else except the members, all the profits are reinvested in improving sites or gaining new ones.

The club is run by the members.

6. ukbill

ukbill Funster

to much to read for me so sod the cc&c :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Why the old age concession? Is this a reward for simply not dying? :RollEyes::Wink:

Surely they should be doing a concession for younger members as they are the hard done by ones who can't afford fancy motorhomes or caravans. They also don't have all the assets built up that the baby boomer's do. Get the youngsters involved in Tenting and watch them progress to the caravans. If you are going to do concessions at least aim it at the poorer end of the market :Rofl1:

By the way the above is tongue in cheek. I don't think there should be any concessions. Everyone should pay an equal share to what is in effect a holiday club. No one group of people should subsidise another group for a non essential activity.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nigels

Nigels Read Only Funster

Not at Slindon, they don't have any. No money spent there for ages and still the charge goes up over 50%
    :Angry: