Camping & Caravan Club & Caravan Club (1 Viewer)

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
We have been members of the C.C for over 30 years and have never regretted a penny we have spent on membership or site fees.Over the years we have been involved with our local centre and have run many rallys and attended hundreds both with our own centre and others.We have made many friends throughout the country whom we still see from time to time. We were both on the centre committee for a number of years and I was cemtre chairman for a coupleof those years. We still use the club sites on a regular basis and also use their services like insurance etc. O.K so the club makes a profit, but there are no grey suited men sitting in ivory towers rubbing their hands together, even the chairman has a full time job besides attending many many functions, rallys , shows etc on behalf of the club. So a lot of you think the club is not worth it, well each to their own, but 388,000 members must be awfully wrong compared to the few of you on this site who keep bemoaning the club. So go off and do your wild camping, sometimes to the detriment of others and leave the rest of us to enjoy ourselves on well organised events such as centre rallies and well kept sites.

Floyd's Girl

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Bracknell, Berkshire
Funster No
Exp
Many years as a caravanner, 4 months in a mhome & loving it!
We're members of both clubs, but tend to find ourselves on CC sites more often than not - mostly due to laziness on searching for sites, but also because I don't particularly like commercial sites having had bad experiences when caravanning.

We also have more to do with the CC - rallies, having been a committee member for our local centre, my parents are both committee members now - we're even running our centre's holiday in Norfolk in August.

I know the senior members of the CC do work hard for their money - their weekends are often spent at various sites attending meetings, PR jaunts etc., which they also have to pay for attending or pay to stay on a site - they don't get a free pass. We spent the weekend before last with a rally in Brighton with the Chairman and some senior members, where we all took part in the London to Brighton bike ride - absolutely fantastic weekend and experience!

As for staying on CC sites for facilities - we're happy to use our mhome's shower/toilet, so it's not the toilet block we go for. As a previous solo tugger, I always used CC sites for the personal security. So I guess it's also out of habit we use them.

We do stay on some C&CC sites, mostly the Forestry Commission ones such as Setthorns, but it does tend to be more CC sites.

I've also heard fantastic things about Red Pennant through the Caravan Club from my parents and friends alike, and as for MayDay - I swear by them having an older car with a temperamental nature! :Angry:

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Well said Floyds girl you know exactly what I mean. There are a lot of members like yourselves and your parents who like me have put lot of time and effort into the club in various ways and never been paid for it, not that we wanted paying because we are happy to put something back. You have to put something in if you want something out. You know how much work goes into things like the National Rally and all of the working party has to pay for attending just like anyone else. Why do they do it? because they get fun from doing it and amongst friends whom they have made over many years. Maybe it is because of our true members that the club enjoys the success that some people on here seem not to appreciate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Ive been amember of MCC, CC , CCC , but especially now being on pension ive had to decide which i find the best for financial reasons and ive decided to stick with the CCC , i only go to ralleys / meets , but the CCC ones suit me and the wife best , they seem to have more choice each month than the others , money well spent i reckon .::bigsmile:

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I use the maps and site guides very usefull but have only stayed on a hand full of sites i tend to go with motorhme fun on rallies but fees seems to be high for me not using them as much as i should but motorhome fun subs very good cost for all we get ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back