Camping Car Infos

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by tony_g, Dec 2, 2010.

1. tony_g

tony_g Funster

Has anyone used this site to find Aires in France and downloaded the guide to a memory stick? Would you recommend it?
    Any strong French Aires de Service otherwise?

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

2. sedge

sedge Funster

Yup, if we know where we are going and have internet access at the time! but as we mainlly don't when on the road, we usually use Vicarious Books 'All the Aires' - except of course it's by no means all of them! LOL

3. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Yes-I've put all the POI's for aires on my sat nav and,along with the Vicarious book 'Quite a lot of the Aires in France' :Rofl1: we've not failed to find summat.
    Mike

4. OwnedbyCollies

OwnedbyCollies Funster

I bought the download and have it on my laptop. It means we can access the database even when there is no wifi connection. Everything is the same except for the streetview info.

I also have the poi's on the Tom Tom and "All the Aires" book. Belt and braces!!!

5. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

In addition the book "All the French Aires".

The Aires that are in the book, we found that 1/3 are now closed and 1/3 are now no longer free. we found that the book was extremely poor value for money.

Doug...

6. tony_g

tony_g Funster

All the Aires

I see that a new edition is available in January. Let's hope it's more accurate and comprehensive. It seems wrong to me that the old edition is still on sale.

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I have campingcar infos DVD , out of date now but still invaluable .. will replace with the download when we next go abroad .. also have the POIs on the sat nav,

IMO campingcar infos is the most up to date and most accurate resource available, it's compiled and maintained by members on the campingcar forum, not by a publisher. So you get honest and accurate information by from people who have actually used the aires.

10/10 :thumb:

8. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

CCI is a great resource and the one we rely on most of all. I bought the DVD a couple of years back and installed it on my laptop. Now I download an occasional update of the POI files (have to convert them from TomTom to Garmin, or CSV, format) and away we go. I shall buy an update USB stick before long because I think Bruno (who runs CCI) deserves the support, and the site information on my laptop is a bit out of date now. I find it really helpful to read what others have said about an aire - my French is just about good enough to work out most of the comments.

Philip