Camping at the top of the Alps (1 Viewer)

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
Hi,

We used to do a lot of camping in Europe by 2CV :Cool: and I was always very envious of the motorhomers who had setup in an aire, whilst we still had quite a few miles left to go. A memory I have is somewhere either at the top or at a high approach to the Alps, all the motorhomes were lined up with their internal lights on and we were probably going to try and get a few hours sleep in the car.
We're having our first continental trip this summer and one of the legs will take us from near Freiburg in Germany (camping Kirchzarten) to Lago d'Iseo in northern Italy and I want to find somewhere safe (wife & two older kids in the MH) to have an overnight as high as possible in the Alps.

Any ideas?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Most ski resorts have an aire or campsite open in the summer as well as during the ski season.
Val Thorens is the highest at 2300m.
One of the best views is probably the Aguile de Midi cable car at Chamonix. Snow even at the height of summer!

Not much vegetation to look at though, you'll be well above the treeline!!!!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
chopper602
Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
It's the views rather than the fauna I'd be looking at (hopefully - if it's not foggy!)

I'll probably be travelling on the E35, so probably not looking to detour to France! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back