Camping at the nec

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by olley, Oct 8, 2012.

1. olley

olley Funster

Can you get to the camping Site at the nec
    on Monday?

2. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

3. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I tried to get in on Saturday as its our anniversary, we have booked all week and intended to leave Saturday until we realised its our anniversary and they have entertainment on so I telephoned only to be told the temporary campsite is full.We had already booked in at chapel lane but there is nothing around there to go to in the evening or does anyone know any different?

4. trophychap

trophychap Funster

Ignore me, for some reason I misread where you were staying.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

We tried to book for Sunday evening (no entertainment and still £30) but that was full so tried to book Warwick racecourse CC site but according to CC website that was full as well but decided to phone the site direct and got a hardstanding pitch without awning, so staying Sunday and Monday and as it is only a 5 minute walk into Warwick I'm sure you could find somewhere to go in Warwick if you can get a pitch.

6. olley

olley Funster

Just phoned they have availability on the Monday night only. Not much good really, I was trying to work something, as we will be at Heathrow on Sunday dropping the no. 2 daughter off, and we have to be in Manchester on Monday midday, then I thought back to see the show on Tuesday. So I was hoping to drop the van off at the show on Monday and get the train to Manchester, but as we can't be there before 11, we won't be in Manchester early enough. So plan "B" it is. Car and hotel in Manchester, forget the show.

400 spaces all booked at £30 a throw, £12,000 a night, not a bad little earner for the CC.

Ian

7. Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Traveller_HA5_3DOM Read Only Funster

Just a thought Olley why not give the Toby Carvery on Stonebridge Island a ring and see if they have anything going on. They are within walking distance of the NEC and have a huge car park. It is surprising how accommodating pubs can be if you book in for a meal and spend some money with them. http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/stonebridgeislandcoventry/findus/

8. Detnor

Detnor Funster

May be of interest to someone, but the Holiday Inn at Birmingham airport have a groupon deal on offer at £39 per night inc breakfast. They run a free shuttle round to the rail station, you can walk in to the show from there.

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/wolverhampton

no idea why groupon put this in Wolverhampton....