Camping at Setthorns, The New Forest. (1 Viewer)

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Just returned from spending a lovely week camping right inside the forest at above in Hampshire. It is a really lovely setting, with deer, rabbits, voles, all sorts of lovely birds, and 4 Tawny Owls, who serenaded us every night at Dusk. Really worth a visit. You must have your own loo, no facilites other than chemical toilet disposal and water facilities.. Electric hook ups are also available, at an extra price. :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yupp had some lovely holidays there as a caravanner.

Did you see any RVs there.

I never looked when we were staying there to busy tracking down our dogs each trip :RollEyes:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have stayed there several times and I can recommend this site, which is now managed by the C&CC, who give an 'Old Farts' discount (actually they call it a 'seasoned camper' but it's much the same thing) which I have taken advantage of.
The site is divided into several sections, my favourite is 'Pine tops' which is more open, which is nicer in the Autumn/Winter.:rain:
In reply to Roadrunner, I have seen a few RVs there at times. Most of the site is over a quite narrow bridge over the disused railway line, now a footpath, but if you don't fancy that there is another way round through a gate in the part known as 'Oaken bottom!' :moon:which is down by the RV service point. Only drawback to this site is that the last two times I have been there I have brought back unwanted stowaways (mice) :Angry:. To be fair no one else has had this so perhaps it's just our bad luck, we now have an ultrasonic gadget to repel them (Maplins of course):thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
roadtraveller

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
roadrunner, yes there was one ther, RV with slide outs, fairly big, I guess they stay for a while, as it is a all year site, and NO nearlyretired we didn't have any stowaways even though we had a large box of scrumpted apples in the storage area. Verwood has a site on the New Forest as well, which is more open than Setthorns.

May 17, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
14Yrs
Hi roadtraveller,
Couldn't agree with you more. We've been going there for more years than I can remember in tent/caravan/and now motorhome. Usually only for a few days as we're only 40 minutes away. Fantastic location.

Cheers
Vick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back