Camping And Caravan Club Site In Devon

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Khizzie, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Hi all I know I can read all reviews of any clubs sites ,but sometimes its good to get info direct...so I am a tad disabled and 70yr old solo male and I want to find a nice club site in Devon in September. I like beaches ,not too crowded , also nice gentle walking,bus stop near by and maybe a shop or pub nearby for the odd meal,(fish and chips my fav) ..so recommendations would be gratefully received.... Roy

2. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

Slapton sands camping & caravan club site, nice beach (pebbles) and bus stop half a mile away, 2 very good pubs about 1/4 mile and proberly the best fish & chips in the south west at Torcross about 1.5 mile away level walking. We have been there several times,lovely site. One tip DO NOT TRY TO DRIVE THROUGH SLAPTON VILLAGE.

spongy

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ron & Gerri

Ron & Gerri Funster

A tad pricey, but Hillhead is lovely. Bus stop is right outside the gate for a ride into Brixham. Hillhead has a bar and restaurant on site if you feel like staying put.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 2bob

2bob Funster

beverley pk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Thanks for your great replies,I think its got to be slapton Sand's. Just googled it and it sounds ideal...thankyou all. Roy

6. dshague

dshague Funster

we like slapton sands site .take the van down to beach car park free to park if got a blue badge .chill out and watch the world go by. nature reserve easy access to bird hides just down hill on right . not to far to go to next village torcross good café and pub there .if you turn right coming out of camp site nice walk in to old village of slapton ,not recommended to take van there. shop and good pub there .looking forward to our trip down there later this year .don't forget to book site gets full very quickly ...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Thanks for the heads up on parking on beach,I do have a blue badge so that will be a godsend...just waiting for my carer to sort himself out and i will book for a stay either september or october ...rgds Roy

• Like Like x 1
  8. golly

golly Funster

Slapton CCC site is realy nice, however this is a section of the road from Dartmouth to Slapton at a place called Stoke Fleming, we went last year. The most interesting bit is about 3 & half min into the clip.:eek:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Scary..!!! Some dense car drivers there though...