Camping And Caravan Club Site In Devon (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi all I know I can read all reviews of any clubs sites ,but sometimes its good to get info direct...so I am a tad disabled and 70yr old solo male and I want to find a nice club site in Devon in September. I like beaches ,not too crowded , also nice gentle walking,bus stop near by and maybe a shop or pub nearby for the odd meal,(fish and chips my fav) ..so recommendations would be gratefully received.... Roy

Deleted User
Slapton sands camping & caravan club site, nice beach (pebbles) and bus stop half a mile away, 2 very good pubs about 1/4 mile and proberly the best fish & chips in the south west at Torcross about 1.5 mile away level walking. We have been there several times,lovely site. One tip DO NOT TRY TO DRIVE THROUGH SLAPTON VILLAGE.

spongy

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
A tad pricey, but Hillhead is lovely. Bus stop is right outside the gate for a ride into Brixham. Hillhead has a bar and restaurant on site if you feel like staying put.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks for your great replies,I think its got to be slapton Sand's. Just googled it and it sounds ideal...thankyou all. Roy

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
we like slapton sands site .take the van down to beach car park free to park if got a blue badge .chill out and watch the world go by. nature reserve easy access to bird hides just down hill on right . not to far to go to next village torcross good café and pub there .if you turn right coming out of camp site nice walk in to old village of slapton ,not recommended to take van there. shop and good pub there .looking forward to our trip down there later this year .don't forget to book site gets full very quickly ...

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
we like slapton sands site .take the van down to beach car park free to park if got a blue badge .chill out and watch the world go by. nature reserve easy access to bird hides just down hill on right . not to far to go to next village torcross good café and pub there .if you turn right coming out of camp site nice walk in to old village of slapton ,not recommended to take van there. shop and good pub there .looking forward to our trip down there later this year .don't forget to book site gets full very quickly ...

Thanks for the heads up on parking on beach,I do have a blue badge so that will be a godsend...just waiting for my carer to sort himself out and i will book for a stay either september or october ...rgds Roy

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Slapton CCC site is realy nice, however this is a section of the road from Dartmouth to Slapton at a place called Stoke Fleming, we went last year. The most interesting bit is about 3 & half min into the clip.:eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Slapton CCC site is realy nice, however this is a section of the road from Dartmouth to Slapton at a place called Stoke Fleming, we went last year. The most interesting bit is about 3 & half min into the clip.:eek:

Scary..!!! Some dense car drivers there though...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back