Camping and Caravan Club moan (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Undecided about renewing our membership with the C & CC , reminder card said last chance to renew for £37 , went online to look into it, the amount shown was £41 .. then telephoned them to ask why £41 for renewal when you can join for £37 and also the reminder card stated from £37 .. answer is ; £37 and no magazine posted out to you, everything would be paperless other than your membership cards, ok that is fine but what annoyed me it is only allowed if you create a Direct Debit else you have to pay £41

My moan is why cant i just pay upfront for the amount of £37 .. is there something wrong with my cash.... :Eeek:

So i just said "No Thanks" I wont be forced into creating a Direct Debt and hung up

Have anyone else said no ?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Undecided about renewing our membership with the C & CC , reminder card said last chance to renew for £37 , went online to look into it, the amount shown was £41 .. then telephoned them to ask why £41 for renewal when you can join for £37 and also the reminder card stated from £37 .. answer is ; £37 and no magazine posted out to you, everything would be paperless other than your membership cards, ok that is fine but what annoyed me it is only allowed if you create a Direct Debit else you have to pay £41

My moan is why cant i just pay upfront for the amount of £37 .. is there something wrong with my cash.... :Eeek:

So i just said "No Thanks" I wont be forced into creating a Direct Debt and hung up

Have anyone else said no ?

You tight o bugger sold your mansion in Wales for nearly a million an won't spend £37.00 cor I dunno :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Yes! ::bigsmile: After being a member for nearly forty years.
I think I was getting a bit fed up of being told where to park as well. And, on our last stop, Clitheroe, the facilities were filthy.....not surprising, they were situated in an old nissen hut! :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
I will not pay any DD's, electic we pay by card every week, insurance up front payment, with DD's they can up the amout at will.
Had it done once, never never never never any more.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I will not pay any DD's, electic we pay by card every week, insurance up front payment, [HI]with DD's they can up the amout at will. [/HI]
Had it done once, never never never never any more.

They have to give you notice and chance to get out before it becomes operative though - Direct Debit Guarantee.

In years gone by we wouldn't pay our council tax by DD because they kept changing due dates but they changed that policy so we now find it more convenient.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
NO!!!

Cancelled our membership this year after the ridiculously over priced new pricing structure. Sod em! :Angry:
Always work out about £8 per night dearer than CC and often 'friendly' they ain't!

Always look at a comparison before we book anywhere and look at both clubs - that was the result.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've never used a C&CC main site (and no real desire to) and only a handful of CSs but the subs are worth it to us for the THSs and meets. Always a reasonable price and always friendly (the ones we've been to anyway).

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i rarely use c&cc sites but will if its nearer where i want to be. otherwise i keep my membership going for the local district association meets, ths's and motor caravan section. oh and the bcc occasional. usually pay under £10 per night, so by far the cheapest way to camp other than freeloading within the uk

we also make use of the 5van site network too

and we get discounted cover for the RAC with better terms

membership pays for itself really:thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
In years gone by we wouldn't pay our council tax

No wonder they kicked you out of Glossop....*snif* :RollEyes:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I find DD convenient, all household bills paid that way, saves missing a bill when away. they have to give a few weeks notice for any change anyway. plus a lot of bills you can get a discount by paying by DD.I have a separate account for household bills, and nothing else comes out of it.

I know that the money in my purse if I spent it all at the beginning of the week, no big deal as I know that the bills are paid, I always pay cash when shopping, so an easy mind and no worry over bills.:thumb:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
NO!!!

Cancelled our membership this year after the ridiculously over priced new pricing structure. Sod em! :Angry:
Always work out about £8 per night dearer than CC and often 'friendly' they ain't!

Always look at a comparison before we book anywhere and look at both clubs - that was the result.

Yup......
We cancelled our membership this year.
TOOOOOOOO bloody dear

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Save your dosh for funster meets and rally's ! :thumb:
Hopefully there's enough to fill your calendar! ::bigsmile:

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
C&CC

Yep, I have just given up my Camping and Caravanning Club membership, mainly because they have changed their booking system so a whole 30 days notice is needed to cancel a booking or you lose £25 deposit :Eeek: I got stung for that one last month - once bitten twice shy, not what I call friendly :Sad: - anyway, I have Motorhome Fun now :thanks2:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We are members of both clubs,rang C&cc about booking Aug bank holiday in the New Forest. "No need to book,there will be plenty of spaces" on being told the price :Eeek:,rang a CC C.l Site,booked on.......... For HALF the price,so there will still be plenty of spaces,come the day.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I said yes then cancelled the dd.

Steve they did say I could do that but it wasn't worth the hassle for a fiver, it was the principle , we don't use their sites , it was mainly for backup whilst traveling and a emergency stop was needed etc :Doh:

Kath

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Dick Turpin is alive and well !!!

I cancelled after one of my favourite sites increased in price by 30%:cry::cry::cry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've never used a C&CC main site (and no real desire to) and only a handful of CSs but[HI] the subs are worth it to us for the THSs and meets[/HI]. Always a reasonable price and always friendly (the ones we've been to anyway).

After booking the Sandy meet last night I had a look at the C&CC THS list. There are several in Oxfordshire, the Cotswolds and Herefordshire around that time so we intend Sandy being the start of a 2 or 3 week trip. The low fees will more that recoup the subs over having to stay at large sites with amenities we don't need :thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yep, I have just given up my Camping and Caravanning Club membership, mainly because they have changed their booking system so a whole 30 days notice is needed to cancel a booking or you lose £25 deposit :Eeek: I got stung for that one last month - once bitten twice shy, not what I call friendly :Sad: - anyway, I have Motorhome Fun now :thanks2:

Same happened on us last year so we cancelled our membership also last August plus we have been out of the uk for the last 7 months so wouldn't use their sites anyway.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
... they have changed their booking system so a whole 30 days notice is needed to cancel a booking or you lose £25 deposit...

and IMO a good rule..

this was needed to stop the selfish block bookers who book up on spec at the start of the season .. then cancel at the very last minute.. .. or don't show up.. depriving others of a pitch..

The CC should follow suit.. one of the main complaints on the CC forums

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
I have gone the other way, after being told where to park and how to park and having wardens patrolling to check what you are or aren't doing properly, I have stopped my membership with the CC and joined C& CC
Experience so far has been extremely positive with the name " the friendly club" being well deserved.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have gone the other way, after [HI]being told where to park and how to park and having wardens patrolling to check what you are or aren't doing properly[/HI], I have stopped my membership with the CC and joined C& CC
Experience so far has been extremely positive with the name " the friendly club" being well deserved.

Strange, I've seen this sort of comment several times but never experienced a problem.

We stayed on a CC site last month (as it was convenient). When I booked in the warden asked (in a very friendly manner) if I was familiar with the way in which the CC liked people to pitch now. There was a diagram on the desk illustrating that (on a non-awning pitch) we could park with rear offside to the peg or front nearside to the peg. As the pegs are at the corners of the pitches that's simply sensible :Smile: Never saw anyone "patrolling to check" :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have gone the other way, after being told where to park and how to park and having wardens patrolling to check what you are or aren't doing properly, I have stopped my membership with the CC and joined C& CC

Like Graham,, never experienced that behaviour.. the normal procedure is to book in at the office , be shown the available pitches on the site map, go and look and come back at let them know where you have chosen..

It seems to me that some have had a bad experience with ONE warden and tar all the same.. of course there are good and bad wardens.. but by far the majority are helpful and friendly..

Dealing with the public day in day out and in all weathers would test the patience of a saint.. I've seen how some campers can be reall ass****s .. I've seen the mess the leave behind in the toilet block and shower room.. I've seen how they let the kids run amok.. I've heard loud parties after midnight.. add infinitum ..

I couldn't be a warden.. it's a thankless task.. I'd end up murdering someone ..

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Like most things in life there is always the exception, we have found with the C Club they usually tell you to choose your own pitch and come back and tell them, obviously don`t take one of the super pitches, "RED" marker post or one of the disabled.

The C & CC will take you to a pitch but usually ask if it`s ok for you.

We`re still not happy with those wardens that say you have to reverse onto your pitch, one idiot explained to me when I questioned it that it was a club rule, (apparently it isn`t) and if caravan caught fire he could hook it up to the tractor and tow it off the site to a safe area.
I asked him which sort of idiot is going to hook a tractor to a blazing caravan and then tow it through a campsite.

As they say there`s non so stange as folk.

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Can't Afford Not To

I have renewed my C & CC membership as I can't afford not to.
Since I live on the Isle of Wight I have to be robbed every time I take the motorhome off the Island either by Red Funnel or Wightlink.
Luckily C & CC have a very good deal with Wightlink and if I book through the link on C & CC webpage I get about 60% discount. One trips discount pays for the membership.

I have used a few of their sites and so far had no problems except once when I suppose I should have expected problems on a site near Cropredy the night before Fairport Conventions big weekend.

If you decide to bring a motorhome over here its worth joining. Wightlink have moved the length of cars to 5mts so even a Transit gets hit for the higher fees.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On arrival at one place recently we booked in and were directed to drive towards a particular area. As we got close somebody was there signalling for us to line up so that we could pitch with our nearside front corner just in front of where he was standing.

Could it be that he was "Jock The Peg"? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back