Camping and caravan club insurance (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
I've just had a favourable quote from The C&CC acting as broker from Equity Redstar including European and domestic breakdown and trailer insurance. The quote is for £328.
Now what I am concerned about are the reviews for the company. They are approx 1 out of 5. If I had reviews like that I would be mortified. Do I go with them?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Our van is insured with them as is the car and the house but have never had to claim from them.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
We too have camper and home insured with them, always compare them against saga, saga have lost out for the last three years. Never had to claim on either policy....but the test will come one day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I've just had a favourable quote from The C&CC acting as broker from Equity Redstar including European and domestic breakdown and trailer insurance. The quote is for £328.
Now what I am concerned about are the reviews for the company. They are approx 1 out of 5. If I had reviews like that I would be mortified. Do I go with them?

I recently renewed my insurance and checked a few reviews, every one I looked at was 1 out of 5.

I think the reason is that people only bother to give bad reviews, most have that have good experiences don't bother.

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
I recently renewed my insurance and checked a few reviews, every one I looked at was 1 out of 5.

I think the reason is that people only bother to give bad reviews, most have that have good experiences don't bother.
My thoughts as well.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We were insured with them last year & the renewal came through when Les was in hospital - he was the main driver. I explained the situation to them & also obviously had to contact them when he passed away. They were very good, swapped the policy to my name & sorted everything with minimal hassle.
I've also since contacted them for a windscreen repair - again, all sorted with no hassle at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 9, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 803F
Exp
Since 2006
It's Comfort Insurance for Motorhome and car, for me. They are the only insurer I looked at who said that the Fully Comprehensive policy on my car was applicable even while the car was being towed on it's transporter trailer. This was not the case with the other insurers I considered. With some, including C&CC Clubcare (brokering for Vantage in my case), the car is regarded as a 'load' on the trailer and is not covered at all in the event of an incident where one is held to be 'At Fault'. (My understanding is that 'At Fault' also means where absolutely all costs cannot be recovered from another insurer - e.g. where someone without insurance collides with your vehicle combination. Scary.)

As a side issue, my transporter trailer is covered by the Fully Comprehensive Motorhome Insurance (although this is only while attached to the Moho - consequently, I ave a separate trailer Insurance covering all other times) but the towing cover is restricted to 3rd Party damages plus £1000 maximum for any damage to the trailer.

Apart from all of that, Comfort gave me the least cost quote.

I hope this is helpful. I should point out that I am no expert in such matters and the above is simply based on my own experiences. If others having more professional knowledge spot any errors, then their input would be greatly appreciated.

(Please note, I have absolutely no connection with Comfort other than being a customer.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back