pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not very many, if any, i would say.

health and safety rules and insurance clauses will have put paid to that idea on official campsites.

maybe some beachside wildcamping spots on the beach but i wouldnt hold out much hope.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi
Saw on another Forum on their meet recently at Hay on Wye at the Hollybush Inn, that they had a lovely camp fire which looked safe

Also the site has tipis which have chimineras so suppose they would not be against others lighting up ...safely

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
We go to one every July where about 10 of our vans all form a circle like the cowboy days and have a huge fire in the middle. We have sing songs, people bring their instruments along etc. It really is good fun. In the day-time we play organised crazy games and the kids are included. Alongside runs a small river and some people bring their canoes. It is really a no holds barred site with some weird tents and teepees, as well as lots of caravans and motorhomes. It's a private campsite and I'm not sure if I should give it's location on here for fear of 'Elf & safety' involvement.

ken

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We were at a camp a few weeks ago where you could even set fire to the kids:

Link Removed

OP
OP
J and M on Mfun
Mar 1, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
We go to one every July where about 10 of our vans all form a circle like the cowboy days and have a huge fire in the middle. We have sing songs, people bring their instruments along etc. It really is good fun. In the day-time we play organised crazy games and the kids are included. Alongside runs a small river and some people bring their canoes. It is really a no holds barred site with some weird tents and teepees, as well as lots of caravans and motorhomes. It's a private campsite and I'm not sure if I should give it's location on here for fear of 'Elf & safety' involvement.

ken
sounds perfect:thumb: pm me if you like xjx

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
A lovely farm site, about 2 hours south of you, pm me for more..

there are some annoying magpies here though :(

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
The Orchard at Wickham Market in Suffolk allow open fires, they'll even sell you the wood for it. :roflmto:

Many sites won't allow an open fire but will allow a fire in a proper fire bowl providing it is kept off the ground and doesn't mark the grass.

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
ye one between fairbourne and tywyn think it cy ddu right on the cost and the farmer will sell you wood too as well as home made lamb burgers :thumb:

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
open fires

Theres a site at "Brandy Wharf" Lincolnshire that hire you a huge brazier for £3.00 + wood at £3.00 per bag so bring your own wood + just buy 1 bag. I was there 2 weeks ago + the site was lit up with them all, we a group of 2 m/h's + 2 tuggers formed a square, awnings up, brazier flaming away, food cooking, music playing (all music off at 01.00 am) + beer flowing. Was £14.00 per night 2 adults with h/up. Had a great time.

PS, 5 mins walk is the famous "Brandy Wharf Cider Pub" with alcohol strength as high as 7.2% maybe higher but that was the strongest i saw.

:thumb:

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Fisherground in Eskdale have fire pits next to every pitch, old wheel rims, good for cooking on.
Lanes to Eskdale are narrow but we managed ok with our 24ft motorhome.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back