Campervan rescue after man is trapped (1 Viewer)

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Campervan rescue after man is trapped

2:25pm Friday 20th April 2012 in News

A NEIGHBOUR came to the rescue of a 54-year-old man after he was trapped under a campervan.

The motorist was working underneath the rear of the vehicle on Stockport Road when the jack collapsed and caused what is thought to be a serious injury to his arm and shoulder.

He was alone at the time and shouted for help until his neighbour heard him and dialled 999 on Thursday at 11.45am.

It is thought he had been trapped for more than an hour.

Did you see this incident?

Call the newsdesk on 426812 or e-mail hannah.bargery@guardiangrp.co.uk.

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/9661858.Campervan_rescue_after_man_is_trapped/

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
A local coach operator did all of his servicing in the car park of his father in laws pub.

His fitter was killed when a coach collapsed on him when he was under it on jacks.

I also ran coaches at the time and swiftly bought a strong set of axel stands and only went under when I was sure there was no chance of it slipping off them.

I will jack up the motorhome but would not go under the body with any limbs unless it was on stands, if a wheel was off. That is why I pay for breakdown cover.

John

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
you never cease to amaze me Shiftzz, you must spend some time searching the www. I wont get to read of that till next wednesday or friday, but now i have

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I suppose being stuck underneath is worse than being stuck on top ( the funster knows who he is) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I remember an incident many years ago when I was a teenager with my first car. I had to fix the exhaust so jacked it up with a bottle jack and slid underneath with the tools. hadnt been under there 5 minutes and I realised that the jack was slowly going dowm and was no trapped under the car with no way out. I spent an hour under there until my neighbour came home from work and heard me calling.

Believe me, thats the first and last time I would ever go under any vehicle not securely supported on axle stands etc

Was away in the van for a couple of weeks over Easter and saw an accident waiting to happen on the way to my destination that was still there the same 2 weeks later. There was a car in a sloping driveway/front garden, with the front wheels on ramps and rear was lifted onto what appeared to be very small axle stands with the wheels off. Looked very precarious, as if the slightest movement would bring it crashing down and into the road.
I noticed it, as the traffic was being held up by roadworks. Strange some things you notice when travelling isnt it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back