Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
goldcoast australia
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
The Most Insane RV You'll Ever See...

If you're a fan of camping, chances are you're also a fan of RVs. In fact, if you like vehicles, you're probably a fan of RVs. And why not? They are the perfect combination between power and comfort. So if you do like going on trips and expeditions, then there is one vehicle you should know about, one vehicle that currently reigns supreme above all else, and that is the KiraVan.

The KiraVan is a formidable off-road RV that has been specifically designed to take you wherever you want to go and back again - safe, sound and comfortable. It was invented by Bran Ferren as a mobile learning lab for his daughter Kira (hence the name) but also with teams of photographers and families in mind. It can be used for anything from a family trip to a full scale scientific or journalistic expedition, trekking to remote locations with the same ease as on regular roads, and with a lot of amenities besides.

Broken Link Removed

This incredible vehicle is called the KiraVan. And you're about to find out exactly why I call it 'incredible'.

Broken Link Removed

Lets start with how the KiraVan is powered by a 260 horsepower turbodiesel engine, based on the Mercedes-Benz Unimog.

Broken Link Removed

We will continue with the ability to raise the ceiling and extend pneumatic masts, so you can use pretty much any antenna to get a boosted signal for your tv, internet and any other needs.

Broken Link Removed

You can take this off-road behemoth to a range of 2000 miles.

Broken Link Removed

The driver's seat of this truck looks like something out of a futuristic fantasy. More like a cockpit than a dashboard.

Broken Link Removed

The KiraVan has 11 screens, six of are touch sensitive.

Broken Link Removed

As we come inside, the entryway also serves as a bathroom, complete with shower and toilet of course, which incinerates waste.

Broken Link Removed

A loft bedroom is of course a must.

Broken Link Removed

The galley area of the KiraVan trailer.

Broken Link Removed

The kitchen includes an oven, a stove and a sink.

Broken Link Removed

Lots of storage room for food and water will allow a crew of 3 people to go on a 3 week trip without resupplying.

Broken Link Removed

And the office, another high-tech dream room.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
No pics :( Showing in post but do see them if I click on little blue box.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I can see how it would work in Australia, or USA, but looks way too complicated for me. A loo, a shower and a cooker are about the most I can handle ;)

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Nice - but I still think this is the most impressive expedition vehicle ever made.
Broken Link Removed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
loads of these expedition type rigs available in Germany..at eye watering prices. most the average price of a UK house :(

and yes I have seen one on site. a big orange thing, with massive world map on the side with all the places and routes on:) It was on an Island in Croatia

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
yes I have seen one on site.

why anyone would want or need an overland type vehicle to use on sites or tour Europe is beyond me.. daft... or as the OP put it.. INSANE

in the dessert.. great.. in the Aus outback.. good.. big S American trip.. yip.. just the job.. on European roads and sites.. a nightmare , stupid, they are like fish out of water. ..

big posing value... little else

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Does this thing exist in real life or just the mind of the artist impressionist ?.

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
First thing that comes to mind is that there is an awful lot of gubbins to go wrong.

Cheers
Lesley

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
will not go on my drive. and I don't want to wash it