Campervan Diary Video: Dover daytrip! (1 Viewer)

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
New campervan diary video online: Dover daytrip - Dover and back from Felixstowe, 140 miles each way, to film a protest about animal welfare on a ferry . . chuffed with the way the van went!

[ame]http://youtu.be/nR8LXHav-Cw[/ame]

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Very interesting,nice camera work,but too much road noise. Can't you turn the mic sensitivity down, move it off camera or wear a Lavalier to try to eliminate it?

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Road closures are a pain and they are happening more and more. I do a lot of traveling at night and hey really are an inconvenience, sometimes adding 30 or 40 miles to a journey. Years ago the road maintenance crews bent over backwards to keep a lane open, now the just close it, 9pm to 6am :Eeek: often with no thought about the alternative routes which see juggernauts trundling down little lanes and through villages. I'm sure they have there reasons, but IMO none of them are good enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
Very interesting,nice camera work,but too much road noise. Can't you turn the mic sensitivity down, move it off camera or wear a Lavalier to try to eliminate it?

You're right - but I just thought I'd try it bareback to see how it went! These are shot with the built-in mic, but I'll have to prepare a bit more to do a better job on the sound . .

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
That's 30 seconds of my life I won't get back............:winky:

Think of it as a benefit . . you won't have to bother with watching any of the upcoming ones, thus saving 30 seconds a time for each . . think you owe me!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
somewhat amateurish in my humble opinion and doesnt do the subject justice. a shame really as the live shipping of animals in the way its done currently is a national disgrace

i am not picking a fight here or criticising your post, but it baffles me why somebody would think an amateurish film like that would interest others.

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
somewhat amateurish in my humble opinion and doesnt do the subject justice. a shame really as the live shipping of animals in the way its done currently is a national disgrace

i am not picking a fight here or criticising your post, but it baffles me why somebody would think an amateurish film like that would interest others.

Which film are you talking about?

The one posted above is just a video diary from the campervan viewpoint, which I share for fun, the video below is what I made for the campaigners, who seem to like it:

[ame]http://youtu.be/w_5aNFW8lQQ[/ame]

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

But the film wasn't about shipping animals was it? It was about using the campervan (as the next stage of its own project) to take a trip to make a film about shipping animals which is to be shown elsewhere.

The short campervan videos need to be viewed in context, as parts of a whole.

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
In case you missed it at the end of the first page, here's the final film again - it has a titling error which will get put right later:

[ame]http://youtu.be/w_5aNFW8lQQ[/ame]

I'll be interested to read what you think about it . .

Last edited:

JohnHd

Free Member
Nov 22, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Small Van
Exp
I applaud Chris's efforts for making little videos of interest to the Motorhome community. He's the reason we now have coverage on TV , after all. I've never met him, and I know his style doesn't suit everyone, but give the guy a break ! He's not filming with a mega-budget film crew, he's a guy with a handheld camera !

"30 seconds of...." comment really doesn't deserve a response, but I'm sure such an intelligent and measured reply (not...) has got what it deserved :roflmto:

Forums....don't you just love em ? All the same...half the comments made here would never be made face to face.....

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
I 've always found forums a good giggle, particularly when people exert themselves to put in a comment that doesn't really add much! When I click on something that doesn't interest me, I tend to move on without much hesitation . . .

But having said that, replying to odd comments does keep the pot boiling, and amuses me no end! ::bigsmile:

Thanks for the kind comments, John - I really look back on my 6-year Sky career with a lot of pleasure, and think that the people who now make The Caravan Channel and The Motorhome Channel, and Graham who makes Caravan Finder, work a lot harder, and probably have a lot less fun than I had when I was making The Caravan Channel. These days, I just make videos that I enjoy making, and have a lot of fun doing it - and I hope that people get a giggle from watching them . .

I also get a lot of interest from making more serious clips about topics that I want to pursue, and I hope that clips like the "cruellest trade" one above add something to the debate, and help to spread the news about this awful business.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
There is no pleasing some people especially critics who are like the eunuchs in the harem, in other words they have seen it done and know how to do it but they [STRIKE]haven't the balls[/STRIKE] aren't equipped to do it themselves.
Thanks for the link to your shipping site,I have passed it on to an old housebound friend who was an agent for a Liverpool company for many years in New York. He certainly appreciates it,have you been on marinetraffic.com which tracks vessels worldwide on AIS?

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
I do use AIS (Marinetraffic) quite often, and find it very useful. I also belong the shipspotting.com, which your housebound friend might find good to join.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Never make assumptions on an interweb forum as to who is - or is not - equipped to make professional comments, because you will come seriously unstuck.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Well I enjoyed them, well done. about the trafficking of animals, I agree it is wrong in the form it is now, but you did get the point across in my opinion.

I would never pass judgement of any one doing something I cannot do myself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back