camperstop or camper contact? (1 Viewer)

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
beginning to start to plan for our retirement traveling and am confused about camperstop and camper contact get both or are they much the same? your thoughts please. We have all the aires books do I even need more?

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I have the Campercontact app but the reviews are in the language of the person submitting the review, its handy if you dont have internet access but I can view the reviews in English online. I don't have either book unfortunately but thought this might help.

Deleted User
We use campercontact (both the app and online editions) almost exclusively.

Find the area, click the best aire, click show in google maps, click drive icon and off you go.

No books, satnav, or hassle.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
After trial and error have stuck to Campercontact, searchforsites & the POI from searchforsites downloaded to maps me.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You seem to pretty well have it covered, but if you have an android device, we have found this one brilliant, not top heavy with stuff you don't want to know but if you are somewhere in France just kick this app up and it will tell you where all the Aires are nearby, we have used it three years now and it's never let us down, it does cost £1.19 I know but it was one of the first things we tried after seeing it advertised on a water Bourne somewhere in France , we have tried all the others which admittedly are better for planning but always go back to this little gem when we want to find an aire on the ground, works offline too.
Link Removed

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Camper Contact is all we use. Download the app to TomTom or Garmin sat nav. It takes you straight to the sight. We have all the Aires book to have a look sometimes - if it's in there!!

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
We use the camper contact app. We also have the French edition of the big complete guide to motorhome Aires in Europe (Facile media and available in n several languages). There are good places in one that aren't in the other, so they complement each other quite well.

If it was only one it would be the camper contact app.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
No books
No road atlases
Just Campercontact and Google maps

If it isn't in Campercontact it's probably not worth going there

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We have the Camperstop book which is great to flick through and find some Aires as we plan the trip, also use the camper contact app which is really good and has other sites like wineries, farms etc not on CS.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Using both on our trip works best on an android, got of line versions but only works correctly when on line on my iPad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back