LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I was going to leave this post till we left in around 2/3 weeks time.
As Judith and Martin are going to Portugal tomorrow I have decided to post it now in the hope they will see it and know how we feel. :Smile:
Piccies of the site attached :thumb:

Site is “Camperstop” just outside Totana in Murcia, Spain No104 in the Aires book if you are looking for a site with pubs or restaurants round the corner then it is not for you but could be a good stopover.
The site is owned by Angel and Paula and a nicer more helpful couple you could not meet!
The site itself is ALL hardstanding and level and is on two tiers.
Electric is 6 amp with the usual water supplies and black water dump. It also has a lovely picnic area.
The fastest wi fi I have ever used is included in the price, 2013 €10 a night with electric or €7 without.
We fell in love with the area on arrival! It is a walker and mountain bikers dream and apart from the odd “woof” is tranquillity personified.
The site has fabulous views from any of the pitches.
Town is a 5 minute drive away, with a large car park almost always empty and is very easily accessed by our 7 metre m/home.
Consum is just round the corner and there are 3 other supermarkets in the town.
There is a local service garage that sells autogas.
If you have a problem with your van, ask Angel there is a good service centre in the town industrial estate with VERY reasonable prices.
Totana is a very nice town with a plethora of shops and a BIG market on a Wednesday. (veggies highly recommended)
There is good dog walking around the site and within 20 mins walk you are in the Sierra Espuna which is stunning.#
We have been here a month now and don’t intend leaving till mid February at the soonest and have never once felt bored.

Judith and Martin have a house adjacent to the site and are English.
They met us on arrival and made us feel very welcome.

It transpired that they are orienteers, walkers and mountain bikers, way above our level!!! :Eeek:

When they found out we liked to walk they "adopted" us!!

They have taken us for several walks into the Espuna, pfft had me on my knees a couple of times. :cry:

We now regard them as good friends as they have added so much to our stay.

Taking us on walks, helping when the van had a problem and of course doing a regular Ribena (wine) run to keep our supplies up.

So Munchie and his manager would like to say a BIG thank you to them and we will be back next year!!! :thumb:

He he you thought you had seen the last of us eh???? :whatthe:

Attachments

• TO2_0492.jpg
    TO2_0492.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 77
  • TO2_0493.jpg
    TO2_0493.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
What a good positive report, the site looks to be good value in all respects . I stayed at El Berro site that is fairly close to you about 8 years ago , found the area paradise after all the "hurly burly! of the coast

Alan

Last edited:
OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
What a good read and it does sound very inviting. I stayed at EL Berro not a million miles away from you about 8 years ago at about this time of year and had a superb time and was hugely impressed with the region

Alan

Yes near Alhama, we have a friend there actually a couple and it is good. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have had my eye on this place for next winter, and you have confirmed my thoughts. Thanks.
What is the access like for large vehicles"

Craig

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I have had my eye on this place for next winter, and you have confirmed my thoughts. Thanks.
What is the access like for large vehicles"

Craig

How large? Ours is 7 metre and no problem?

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Total is around 12m/40ft, but it bends nicely. Trailer is 9.4m/31ft, 2.4M/7ft 10in wide.

Craig

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
OH NO!!!!! :cry: Please, I am only a couple of metres longer than you, forget the truck, pretty please, and no mirrors on the trailer either, pretty, pretty, please :notworthy:

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back