Campers from Hell ( A wardens lot isn't always a happy lot)

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by scotjimland, Feb 26, 2010.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Well , we have a thread about the daft things wardens do and another about good sites/wardens.. but how many of us haven't upset a warden at some point or other ?

Precious few I reckon, own up.. :Laughing:

Called him/her out on a pissing wet night to reset the EHU

Made deep ruts or tyre marks trying to get out / in

Made a mess at an elsan point

Run over a prize flower bed..

Knocked over a peg or EHU post

must be someone, because I've seen them all .. and I've done all , except run over an EHU post :Doh::Blush:

Lets have them, own up and give us all a laugh .. :Laughing:

2. zaskar

zaskar Funster

Go on then, I'll stick my head in the noose!:Rofl1:

Called him/her out on a pissing wet night to reset the EHU

Yes........and I firmly believe that trips should be accessable so that i could do it myself. Thankfully, my Owl monitor (thanks Jim) means this rarely happens now.:BigGrin:

Made deep ruts or tyre marks trying to get out / in

Yes........again, rarely, but no matter how carefully you are, mistakes can happen. In my defense, I usually work like hell with my feet etc to try and repair things myself.....only fair I think.

Made a mess at an elsan point

Yes.........but again, ALWAYS make sure the place is spotless when I leave.

Run over a prize flower bed..

NEVER!!!!! No excuse for that!

Knocked over a peg or EHU post

Never

3. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

4. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Turned up at CClub site at St Davids blowing a hooly and chuckin it down. Daughter did booking for me on line, 32 ft , should be tel booking over 28ft. He wasn't happy no hardstanding there, grass laying in water. I said ground pressure of 7tons over larger double rear wheels no more than single smaller wheels on 3.5 tons.
    He let me stay.No problems at all in the end.
    Mention RV and they poo their pants :Eeek::Eeek:

5. Hycon

Hycon Read Only Funster

Last weekend it snowed during Saturday night and when leaving site on Sunday had to go through an automatic barrier which was situated on an incline out of the campsite.Packed snow on road so as I exited the barrier lost traction. As I start to reverse to get another run up the incline the barrier comes down . Result bent barrier ,fortunatley no damage to motorhome.
    No warden in sight. Managed to straighten barrier and leave.:Blush:

6. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Tell us all which site it was we'll keep a secret :Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

As Del Boy's grandad would say "During the warrr......... when I was a Caravan Club Warden:

How about the chap who said he had just bought a breathable groundsheet and was it alright to put down in his awning?

It was only later that I found that he had spread a polythene tarpaulin under it to stop it getting dirty - and then had put a carpet on top of it as well to make the awning look really cheerful! Much better than having that nasty awful grass stuff in the awning. :Eeek:

How about the middle-aged business man who turned up at the site regularly every couple of weekends throughout the season with his gorgeous dolly-bird type wife. Really nice couple, always willing to chat or help others on site etc., etc., etc. Unfortunately one Saturday night he had a heart attack from which he did not recover and we arranged for Green Flag to take his grieving wife and his caravan home because she couldn't drive.

Then two months later his real wife rang up asking where his caravan had got to? :Eeek:

Or the chap who came on site, parked up, put the kettle on and immediately blew the site electrics - when I eventually narrowed the problem down to him, I found him plugging in a 4000 watt Swan Electric kettle! Never seen on before or since - a 16 amp kettle! :Eeek:

The couple who turned up in a pop-top caravanette without an on-board toilet (our site at St Agnes Beacon didn't have a toilet block) so they popped into town and bought a toilet tent. The problem was that the sides of the toilet tent stopped about 1 foot short of the ground so whenever they used it their legs and underwear stood out like a sore thumb - but one day they caused havoc when both pairs of legs could be seen in there at the same time. :Eeek:

Oly talking with Zaskar last night - and the memories came flooding back - most of them almost unprintable and even more unbelievable - but we were there! :thumb:

8. Losos

Losos Read Only Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:That has to be true, you couldn't make it up:RollEyes:

9. jezport

jezport Funster

When we were in Cornwall at a site one of the tuggers had let his keys in the ignition. His son got into the car and demolished the EHU point wiping out power to the whole site.

The site owner had to get the emergency electrician out.

10. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Istill say cc sites and cl are the best 27or so yrs and not met a bad warden yet.
    I think the cc is changing but not for the better its all about money now.Well thats my opinion. :Laughing:eek:r:cry:
    JohnM.

11. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Sorry Jim can't help you. The haganaps have never ever upset a warden. :Blush::Wink:

12. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

REALLY????? :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: