Camperlife (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2012
lancs
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2006
Has anyone managed to copy the Camperlife site details onto a Garmin sat nav. If you have could you explain in very simple terms for an old,(non technocrat ), fogey, how you did it thanks in expectation of loads of replies.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You need to install POI Loader onto your PC, which you can download from the Garmin site. Just Google POI Loader UK and choose the version for your PC. There may be more than one type, I can't remember.

Then download the POI file from the camperlife site in the correct version for Garmin, there may be versions available for other satnav. I have no knowledge of camperlife but presumably the file will be on their site somewhere.

Using POI Loader install the file on your GPS.

Now the tricky bit - how to find it on your GPS! It will probably be under Where to, and scroll down and select Extras. It should be under there called POI File.

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Do you mean Camperlife.it? If so, there are downloadable POI files but everything is in Italian Broken Link Removed

Having decided which files you want and downloaded them, you need to visit the Garmin website and download an application called 'Garmin POI Loader'. http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=927
I have assumed you use Windows, but if (like me) you are a Mac user, search the Garmin website for the equivalent Mac version. Install this on your computer then put ALL the POI files you want to load into a folder on the PC. Plug in the Garmin SatNav via USB and ensure it has been recognised by the computer. Then run POI loader and it should be automatic. The location of custom POI files varies bwtween Garmin devices so refer to your user manual to determine how to access yours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back