Camperex 2016. Bath and West Showground. 8th to 10th April 2016.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Old Soldier, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Hi all.
    Has anyone attended one of these Camperex outdoor exhibitions / shows.?
    In what was the traditional motorhome / camping slot at the B&A, which was not doing too well over recent years, we now have this Camperex show. Another later in the year.
    Here's the exhibitor list. http://camperex.com/camperex-2016-exhibitors/ .
    I see that both Cherston Motorhomes and West Country Motorhomes are having their own shows over the same weekend.
    We are going to see what Camperex have to offer on Saturday. Bought tickets online at £7.50 each, otherwise £10 each on the gate and no offers in the CC or C&CC magazines as use to be the norm.
    Will let you know how it goes. :frowny:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Hi. Anyone want to comment on this forthcoming show?

3. StitchesnFluff

StitchesnFluff Funster

Looks like a real mix of exhibitors that include caravan club & sat navs.
    Would go for a nose around for ideas but have never been to a camperex before.

4. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

We won't be going despite it being just down the road from us

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Camperex is a new name for Stone leisure, the've always done two shows at Sheption and the Stratford Show in the summer.

6. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Thought it might be. Under "Stone Leasure" the shows at Shepton went down hill rapidly over the past few years. It will be interesting to see if they're is any improvement or is this just another con when companies fold and change their names. Will let you all know on Saturday.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  7. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Just thought I would bring this back to the top of the pile should anyone be interested. Starts tommorow until Sunday afternoon.

8. travelling wilbury

travelling wilbury Funster

ill be going tomorrow morning, not far for me....nice bike ride.....but not tomorrow, lol....
    not been to a Camperex before, dont expect it to be the NEC;)

9. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Well,at least two of us are going!!. ::bigsmile:

10. travelling wilbury

not far for you Pete....Dorset Diver also visiting this morning....

11. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

About 5 miles from us, that's why it was so handy in the past.
    Three of us funsters going now......bloody hell, they will be having to open another car park soon!! Whatever you do, don't buy all the goodies before I get there!! If you get the chance Chris, let us know your thoughts on it when you get home, good or bad!

12. travelling wilbury

pete, in fairness, not much of a show....west country MH and Chelstons both have their own shows this weekend....whereas they normally take up quite an area.
    Davan were there and Somerset Motorhomes....ok but not large.
    a few exhibitors for 'stuff'....gas it, fire extinguishers, reversing cameras...
    met up with DD but other than that, i didnt think it was upto much...
    if you're bored and its on your doorstep.....

13. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Thanks for the heads up Chris. As they say, we have paid our monies and will go anyway. Just a good thing we live so close, would be really annoyed if we had traveled afar!
    You never know, perhaps all the other traders arrived overnight and it will be jammed pack full of tempting goodies!!
    Will report back later. :hi:

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Well, been there, done it, worn the T shirt and back home all within an hour. I knew it was going to be small but that was the worst show yet. If you went to buy some chemical toilet cleaner you would have been dissapointed..not one stand that sold camping bits and bobs. Someone selling small portable air cooling devices for £250 each ( show price ), someone else selling refillable gas bottles and someone else selling reversing cameras and solar panels. You could buy a mobility scooter or a book called "The Badge" sold by the author, Ashley Topham, an EX Army W01 about his experiences in the Royal Artillary (a bargin at £5) You could also buy a wood cladded caravan, an electric bike or a new or second hand motorhome or tent (limited choice as very few exibitors), You could have a beer or cup of tea or a burger and chips but you couldn't buy and toilet fluid or wind-breaks or camping chairs or wheel ramps or batteries or BBQ cookers, etc, etc, etc. Oh, you could do a manoeuvering course with caravan or motorhome with the Caravan Club. In all, not a lot for £7 each advanced booking or £10 each on the gate. I'm told the same show in September is much bigger and better......It needs to be! I expect we will go if we are around after all we have been going to motorhome shows at The Bath and West for over 20 years as it is so close to home, each time ( over recent years) we say it must get better next time, perhaps in September it will!!! :giggler:

• Like Like x 1
  15. kaasbroodje

kaasbroodje Funster

:eek: Gosh, it must have been bad.... after previous April shows, we vowed never to return ! Get a better morning out at Cheddar car boot !!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

My van is there for sale right now, I took it over at opening time yesterday, but I didn't stay. It looked like a desolated airfield with a load of puddles, one French (similar to my avatar) lonely canteen van stuck on a separate location all by itself, a number of small marquees with some worried looking salespeople peering out. It was early, but didn't look very promising, and the feed back hasn't been good.
    I understand the plan was to make it a sort of fun day out, with a drinks tent, live groups, plenty of food outlets, and not to be specific to motorhomes but to leisure in general.
    We've just had a very heavy sleety storm, and from experience if it's bad here it is much worse in Shepton, just down the road, it seems to attract rain there. Being a big open area it's pretty miserable in bad weather. So that probably emptied whatever "crowds" that were there. I shall be going over later to collect van. No sale, apparently.

17. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

Hi @Dorwyn.. Yes, saw your van. Went over to buy a bagette or a croissant but it was closed!! Looked very lonely on it's own!!
    Had a good hailstorm whilst we were there, only excitement we had!!

18. Dorwyn

Dorwyn Funster

It was in a gurt big puddle, and of course we had trouble getting it out, but with the aid of some hay under the wheels, and a few helpers pushing, managed to make it. And then the sun came out!! Davan were having a number of their vans dragged out by a 4-wheel drive, and there were almost no visitors about. Rumours of paying customers asking for their money back, exhibitors too, I'd think.

I can't see the exhibition being repeated next year, though I suppose the September bash might be better supported. It's very disappointing for all involved.

19. Dorset Diver

Dorset Diver Funster

Went yesterday (Friday). Did meet a friend but the show was very poor. A total waste of money. I wish I could get my entrance fee refunded.

20. Old Soldier

Old Soldier Funster

It would be interesting to see how many exhibitors are still around tomorrow, let alone next year! I didn't speak to many but 3 said they were probably pulling out tonight and that was before 11 today....
    Just tried to find a contact email address for camperex, not easy, haven't found one yet and the one I have found for Stone Leasure may not be valid anymore, used it last year with no response.