'Campercontact' new website soon .. (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
right all the countries maps that we visit downloaded, cant see us visiting Ukraine anytime soon:giggle:

seems to work well, be useful in a few weeks when heading to Spain. I just drive till knackered and find somewhere to grab a meal and a few drinks and get the head down, an alternative to my satnag loaded with POI. Not knocking the information at all but one thing I would like to see was more info on whats near bye, bars restaurants etc...

didn't realise you can change language in the reviews..will have to investigate!:)

edit: No have looked again..cant see how to change language..any clues plse?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I can't get the reviews in English either. It would be so helpful if I could. I've sent in a few pictures and reviews, we use the app a lot. Great app. More on the paid one, I didn't realise it was a yearly charge though.
we use the app more as we don't always get Internet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The offline maps are Open Street Map (OSM) which in my admittedly limited experience can lack detail off the beaten track but they should be fine otherwise.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I can't get the reviews in English either. It would be so helpful if I could. I've sent in a few pictures and reviews, we use the app a lot. Great app. More on the paid one, I didn't realise it was a yearly charge though.
we use the app more as we don't always get Internet.
No English for me either !! No flag :-(

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I don't understand this translated Dutch review.. and it's copy pasted .. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Broken Link Removed

The ground is Scottish/skewed and full of potholes. Also very messy.

In Dutch
De grond is schots / scheef en vol met kuilen. Ook erg rommelig.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I don't understand this translated Dutch review.. and it's copy pasted .. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Broken Link Removed

The ground is Scottish/skewed and full of potholes. Also very messy.

In Dutch
De grond is schots / scheef en vol met kuilen. Ook erg rommelig.

I saw a note about it being "machine translated" We can rest easy then, the machines are not ready to take over just yet.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Ah Ha! so the app does not have translate..you have to look at website??

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I saw a note about it being "machine translated" We can rest easy then, the machines are not ready to take over just yet.

Yes indeedy....."Good food in sheet metal in Centre, 8 ' walk." I wont be eating there!:LOL:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just got out of pub and phone started talking to me in my pocket trying to direct me to an Aire south of Rouen..I have a new friend! :)

Reactions: DBK

mwark

Free Member
Apr 23, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I've just paid for the full version. Surprisingly few locations in Belgium, which will be our first stop next week.

mwark

Free Member
Apr 23, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hmm, must have been doing something wrong. I tried a different method of searching and now get a lot more results.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hmm, must have been doing something wrong. I tried a different method of searching and now get a lot more results.
Unless I know specifically where I want to go I simply browse the map
I've also saved a couple of filters,

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We have Campercontact but also use the free Searchforsites when online which although a bit clunky is pretty good showing aires as well as campsites and in the UK shows Cls as well .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Park4night, does all that for free

mwark

Free Member
Apr 23, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have the ACSI camping discount card and books. I thought this entitled me to their POI data too, but it seems I have to pay extra for that format. Correct?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have the ACSI camping discount card and books. I thought this entitled me to their POI data too, but it seems I have to pay extra for that format. Correct?

Yep :) but its not much..

have been sorting out touring route to Italy for next week and a quick dash back. and yes campercontact is a bit clunky but so useful..have transfeerdd a load of Overnight stops to satnav. the reviews are real handy

mwark

Free Member
Apr 23, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Might as well ask on this thread while we're off topic, is there any offline route planner for a Mac? I've got Maps.Me as you (or someone) suggested, on my tablet. But something like Microsoft autoroute, but for Mac.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Might as well ask on this thread while we're off topic, is there any offline route planner for a Mac? I've got Maps.Me as you (or someone) suggested, on my tablet. But something like Microsoft autoroute, but for Mac.

the holy grail..

I've asked this question before .. have never found anything ..

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I plan routes on PC or laptop using Garmin Mapsource (cant get on with Garmin Basecamp)
I have all the waypoints saved on device and PC? I used to transfer routes to device, but have now stopped doing that as I just plan route within the Garmin using Trip planner App, as its more reliable on the road..

Eddie

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
You can do routing with maps.me or do you want something more?

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@ScotJimland
I have the full App. How do I download the new version. Is it just a question of selecting the 'Update Date' button on the App? Or is it a fresh download?

Taa.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
@ScotJimland
I have the full App. How do I download the new version. Is it just a question of selecting the 'Update Date' button on the App? Or is it a fresh download?

Taa.

it was the web site that was updated.. not the app

the update button on the app updates the data .. best done when you have a wifi connection

don't forget to download the off line maps for whatever country you are visiting, then it will work off line, no phone connection needed..

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I know Eddie can't get on with Garmin BaseCamp but I think it's great for both offline line route planning and transferring to our Garmin sat nav. Obviously, only of use if you have a Garmin sat nav!

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Microsoft Autoroute

just to reiterate.. there is no comparable software for Macbooks or tablets .. nothing I know of that you can load and work off line with

There is mapping software called 'Route 66' which I had on my old Mac Powerbook.. no longer made or supported and in any case, doesn't work on Intel Macs

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@ScotJimland Thanks for that Jim. Still getting to grips with the App etc even though I've had it for a while.
Do I have to alter the 'switches' to get the offline maps?

James

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Microsoft Autoroute

just to reiterate.. there is no comparable software for Macbooks or tablets .. nothing I know of that you can load and work off line with

There is mapping software called 'Route 66' which I had on my old Mac Powerbook.. no longer made or supported and in any case, doesn't work on Intel Macs

Is Autoroute not now discontinued by Microsoft?

BaseCamp does have a Mac version http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4449
but, as said, it's best used with a Garmin Sat Nav.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
@ScotJimland Thanks for that Jim. Still getting to grips with the App etc even though I've had it for a while.
Do I have to alter the 'switches' to get the offline maps?

James

No.. just go into ' info' then 'offline maps.' . tick the ones you want

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back