Camper van theft misery for Hapsford business (1 Viewer)

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
A BRIGHT yellow camper van worth £20,000 stolen nearly two weeks ago is still missing.

The owner of the distinctive vehicle, taken after breaking down near the Cheshire Oaks roundabout between 10.30am and midday on Friday, April 13, has been left counting the cost to his hire business.

The 1979 Westfalia has been named Darcy by its owners at Nick Connah Ltd Camper Hire, based at junction 14 of the M53 near Hapsford services. It is mustard and metallic pearl in colour has a set of white wheels, a bike rack and a sun shade on the front while the wheel mounted on the front of the van is in stainless steel.

Just six weeks before it was taken, the vehicle was completely retrimmed in yellow and cream square sections.

In a bid to trace Darcy, an appeal has been placed on the company website and on eBay.

Owner Nick Connah, who had owned Darcy for three years and spent thousands kitting it out, said: “It is irreplaceable. It’s my pride and joy.

“It took the best part of 18 months to kit it out to that spec.

“We’ve lost income and had the hassle of customers re-scheduling bookings – we had bookings right through summer.

“Its been very frustrating. I’m very disappointed.”

Mr Connah has now invested in trackers on the vehicles he still has.

Darcy is equipped with a twin hob, a sink with running water, a cool box, interior lighting, a CD Player and a three-quarter-size bed.

The van had been in garage from October until April 1.

The registration number is FTL399T and the serial number is 2192043603.

If you have any information, please call Nick Connah Ltd Camper Hire on 07831510559, contact Cheshire Constabulary on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111

Broken Link Removed

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
And nobody saw anything?! That is a very busy Roundabout with cinemas,bowling alleys and restaurants as well as late night shopping. A recovery truck taking it would not attract any attention. That location is near to a travellers site and about 12 miles from the Irish Sea Ferry as well as being in an excellent location for the M6.
I feel for the owner and hope he can recover the van but more so the scrotes that took it.:Angry:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the question I have is.........

The question is why would anyone want to steal a VW ... any answers BUTTONS...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Bob:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
is that how Buttons got his I wonder

to break up and sell 1 piece at a time

no outlay good income

Is that how Buttons got his I wonder.. might account t for the 99 mpg he gets and the wooden wheels and barny rubble floor... I think the only original bit is the VW badge:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
strange how they can just vanish in to thin air but as said a recovery truck , van or even a 4x4 would attract no interest with a broken down motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back