Ails40

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Scots girl in London
Funster No
Exp
We have hired for 8 years, only just bought our first MH
Morning all.

We are collecting our new MH next Thursday 3rd June at Camper UK, Lincoln, the excitement is building!! ::bigsmile:

We would like to stay somewhere not too far to have a couple of nights familiarising ourselves! Doug at Camper UK mentioned Woodhall Spa - any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Many thanks,
Aileen

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
This was posted yesterday - about 33 miles from Lincoln but certainly a lot cheaper than Woodhall Spa.
http://thornsfarmleisure.co.uk/thornsfarmleisure/camping.htm

If you want a nice , CL site the one we are on at the moment is Thorns Farm, Leisure, Thorns Lane, Barrowby, Grantham, Lincs, on a farm and we are in the middle of a big field between to big ponds, I would call them lakes, highland cattle in the adjacent fields penned in obviously, hookups, fresh water, waste disposal, private, railway running nearby and the A1 but not a major problem, terrific people own it, £8 per night, nice place to stop.
kennygd:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ails40

Ails40

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Scots girl in London
Funster No
Exp
Many thanks.

Thorns Farm Leisure looks like it could be the one. Especially with all the practice we need!:ROFLMAO:

Aileen

Upvote 0

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
::bigsmile:Hello Aileen,
I promise you that you won't regret it, I have been needing to bash out a spare wheel holder with a club hammer after a slight misjudgement towing the trailer and I can do that here, I am the only one on site at the moment apart from the rabbits and the highland cattle and a swan on the lake that I honestly believed was real until I wondered why it did not move, must wear glasses outside as well, remember that it is a CCC certificated site.:thumb:
kennygd

Upvote 0

Daismarg

Free Member
May 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
Exp
5 years
Here are a few camp sites with in easy reach of Camper UK :

http://www.oakhill-leisure.co.uk/

The above site is about 8 miles from Lincoln and we used it as a base when we moved to Lincoln last year.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4346

This one is about 5 minutes from me, on the way into Lincoln and about 10 mins from Camper UK, depending if roads are busy or not!

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=6217

This last site we have stayed at about 2 years ago and is on the A46 and opposite Whisby Road which goes down to Station Road where Camper UK is located. So you can say this one is on your door step and would take about 3-4 mins to get there!!!

Hope these help but you might have found somewhere by now! :Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ails40

Ails40

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Scots girl in London
Funster No
Exp
Many thanks,

Very helpful.

We haven't booked anywhere as yet, will have a look at these and then get booking. I believe there are school holidays next week, so might be pushing it!!

We would like somewhere quiet, hence why I was interested in the previous suggestion of Thorns Farm, we don't want to provide the entertainment when we are trying to hook up the electrics with the water hose! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks again,
Aileen

Upvote 0
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Just thought i would say that we bought our first (and current) MH at camperUK and found them fantastic to deal with. very helpful and very friendly.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours.:winky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ails40

Ails40

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Scots girl in London
Funster No
Exp
They have been really good to deal with especially Alan Pickering - most helpful.

We have been hiring for quite a few years, in Australia, USA and Europe, so this will be a whole new ball game, owning our own! So many things to buy, but very exciting.

Many thanks,

Aileen

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back