Jul 27, 2010
Englishman in South Wales
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
18 Months
Hi there folks::bigsmile:

Just to let everyone know that we have exchanged our Camper for a much roomier Caravan..............

Hope we will still be welcome as we are now Tuggers !!!!!!!:winky:

See you at Carmarthen Show

Jude and Ken (Lofty):thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
wooohoooo

instead of being Champered, we can now be Loftied :thumb:

Now that you have the space like :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There are plenty of tuggers on here who don't even have a caravan:winky:::bigsmile:

Passing Places

Free Member
Apr 19, 2013
Stirling
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
One year
Hi

I'm new to campervans and motorhomes last year and have been asking the question about the difference generally between motorhome folk and caravanners? Obviously a hugely loaded generalisation but would love to hear your thoughts on both?

Kevin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A few years back we were in a serious financial mire and thought we would have to sell the motorhome before it was repossessed.....bloody recession :Angry:

i had it all worked out.

at the time i had a Toyota Hilux pickup and figured if i put up the drive-away awning and reversed up to it i could kip in the back of the pickup and still have a private area in the awning.

there's always a 'work-around' if your desperate.

as it happens we didn't have to sell the van at that time....but the pickup had to go instead :cry:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The caravan is OK Jude and Ken....................................But not being towed by a taxi. :winky::ROFLMAO:

I keep thing on the same, ideal for the winters away, but cant decide on the rest of the year yet. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

I'm new to campervans and motorhomes last year and have been asking the question about the difference generally between motorhome folk and caravanners? Obviously a hugely loaded generalisation but would love to hear your thoughts on both?

Kevin

There is no difference, we all love camping whether in a tent, caravan or motorhome.. although the purist would argue that it's not 'camping' unless under canvas..

Many, including myself have been campers, caravaners and motorhomers.. just what ever suited our circumstances at that particular point in time and what we wanted to do.. at present we are tuggers..

If you look for differences you will find them.... if you don't ..you won't.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hi

Kevin

Hi Kevin

I think the mentality & attitude is more important.

Than what yuo sleep in.

After your first meeting you wont rember what you came in.:ROFLMAO:

If you ever get to a meeting you are made most welcome.

I had only been a member a few weeks when i first came over to the UK for a meet.

Mel

g4jnw

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Anthorn, Wigton, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
its funny how life goes, we started off with an ex army tent, then a family tent, then a trailer tent, then a caravan and now an old boxer converted campervan.

There were reasons for all the changes but the biggest one was from caravan to campervan, mainly due to going nearly 400 miles tugging a van behind to visit our son for the last 2 years.

We look at it as:
Caravan
advantage:
You can leave on site
Disadvantage
tugging it

Campervan
advantage
Just jump in and go
no tugging
Disadvantage
tax and insurance
mpg

We bought a secondhand drive away awning and at least we dont loose our parking space on sites

Who knows where we will go next!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back