Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I wonder if one of you can help me on this one ?
If I download this app at home can it be used abroad on a tablet or phone with out a SIM card ,

Vlad

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes

You will either need to find wifi or you will need to download the maps for wherever you're going and make them available for offline use before you set off

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You can download maps for use offline and use it on wifi

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wot they said! That's what we did on our last 6 week trip abroad.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The download maps are not as good as the online ones in my experience.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I use the app on my tablet without a sim, when using it offline and trying to use a map it says you are offline and need to change the settings and takes you to a screen with a choice of offline and online. click on the offline choice even though it is already highlighted as being off, it should then take you to a screen where you choose the country map you want. Took my a while to work that out tho I am a thick northern monkey :)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
New maps are now available, update them before you go and you can use all over Europe, without data usage, (download the all Europe version) just completed it myself.
Been doing it for the last 2 winters away in southern Europe and never took me down too narrow lanes. (y)
Edit
Sorry got the wrong end of the stick .... thought you said Co-Pilot :rolleyes:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I wonder if one of you can help me on this one ?
If I download this app at home can it be used abroad on a tablet or phone with out a SIM card ,

Vlad
On my note 4 the downloaded maps always play up with scaling issues, not so over wifi\data.

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Some of the sites listed say Camping Behaviour Not Allowed, does this mean they are parking only, N overnight stay?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Some of the sites listed say Camping Behaviour Not Allowed, does this mean they are parking only, N overnight stay?
No, what it means is you can park and sleep in your vehicle but you can't put out tables and chairs or wind out the awning. I think you probably aren't supposed to use levelling ramps either but what you can get away with on individual aires varies enormously I think. I can only suggest follow the example of what other MHs are doing.

The service points with no overnight stopping allowed are shown with an orange symbol on the map.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you are on a place where it says no camping but can park overnight, AFAIK it means you cannot put anything at all outside of your MH and should not have anything protruding from it which would not be protruding when you drive, ie windows should not be open (except for cab ones which can be rolled down and sliding ones off course), you can have your roof lights open though, importantly steps should not be put outside/left extended and you should not use levelling ramps, chocks etc as this means you are not in the 'driving' state, also no 'portable' wifi/tv aerials should be 'attached' to the exterior. Don't leave dog bowls, leads etc out ... it should be no different to how you'd leave it if you had just parked it up to go out for a potter.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
If using without data the mapping is not as good. But if you can connect to wifi, even though you hav no internet, you can expand the map although you do not get extra detail. We find this useful if several sites in close proximity. In our case we connect to our router so tablet is "connected to wifi" even though it is not connected to internet. Hope that makes sense.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I use the app on my tablet without a sim, when using it offline and trying to use a map it says you are offline and need to change the settings and takes you to a screen with a choice of offline and online. click on the offline choice even though it is already highlighted as being off, it should then take you to a screen where you choose the country map you want. Took my a while to work that out tho I am a thick northern monkey :)

Thick southerner took same amount of time !!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back