Camper contact

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Vlad The Impaler, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

I wonder if one of you can help me on this one ?
    If I download this app at home can it be used abroad on a tablet or phone with out a SIM card ,

Vlad

2. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Yes

You will either need to find wifi or you will need to download the maps for wherever you're going and make them available for offline use before you set off

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

You can download maps for use offline and use it on wifi

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Wot they said! That's what we did on our last 6 week trip abroad.

5. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

The download maps are not as good as the online ones in my experience.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. SMB

SMB Funster

I use the app on my tablet without a sim, when using it offline and trying to use a map it says you are offline and need to change the settings and takes you to a screen with a choice of offline and online. click on the offline choice even though it is already highlighted as being off, it should then take you to a screen where you choose the country map you want. Took my a while to work that out tho I am a thick northern monkey :)

7. keith

keith Funster

New maps are now available, update them before you go and you can use all over Europe, without data usage, (download the all Europe version) just completed it myself.
    Been doing it for the last 2 winters away in southern Europe and never took me down too narrow lanes. (y)
    Edit
    Sorry got the wrong end of the stick .... thought you said Co-Pilot :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. campa cola

campa cola Funster

On my note 4 the downloaded maps always play up with scaling issues, not so over wifi\data.

9. Autowbars

Autowbars Funster

Some of the sites listed say Camping Behaviour Not Allowed, does this mean they are parking only, N overnight stay?

10. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

No, what it means is you can park and sleep in your vehicle but you can't put out tables and chairs or wind out the awning. I think you probably aren't supposed to use levelling ramps either but what you can get away with on individual aires varies enormously I think. I can only suggest follow the example of what other MHs are doing.

The service points with no overnight stopping allowed are shown with an orange symbol on the map.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

If you are on a place where it says no camping but can park overnight, AFAIK it means you cannot put anything at all outside of your MH and should not have anything protruding from it which would not be protruding when you drive, ie windows should not be open (except for cab ones which can be rolled down and sliding ones off course), you can have your roof lights open though, importantly steps should not be put outside/left extended and you should not use levelling ramps, chocks etc as this means you are not in the 'driving' state, also no 'portable' wifi/tv aerials should be 'attached' to the exterior. Don't leave dog bowls, leads etc out ... it should be no different to how you'd leave it if you had just parked it up to go out for a potter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. SandraL

SandraL Funster

If using without data the mapping is not as good. But if you can connect to wifi, even though you hav no internet, you can expand the map although you do not get extra detail. We find this useful if several sites in close proximity. In our case we connect to our router so tablet is "connected to wifi" even though it is not connected to internet. Hope that makes sense.

13. suavecarve

suavecarve Funster

Thick southerner took same amount of time !!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1