mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I am looking at the requirements to install heating I. The camper next year.

At the moment there is a carver cascade 2 which only works on mains. These seem relatively simple and ecenomical to repair and I have found a chap who does recon parts...

For heating there is nothing and we have the portable gas heater that works on cannisters. This heats the van very quickly but gets through at least 1 cannister a day.

There is very limited space and ideally what I would like to do is replace the cascade with something that can provide hot water and heating from the same 'flame' either diesel or gas..

Does such a thing exist? If so where can I start researching them and if not what would you reccomend

It is only a transit lwb hi top and there is no shower right now but I will consider fitting one once the how water is sorted.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Yes but they're not cheap.

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Yes but they're not cheap.

Broken Link Removed

That looks ace.. but wow..

Although compared to a decent water heater and blown air heater not bad... But probably for that sort of money I'd be better off fixing the cascade and getting a separate heating thing.. I wonder if I could fit a diesel one in the engine bay...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
Why not try some caravan nbreakers for a second hand one?

Broken Link Removed

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
That really looks good. My only concern is having a hot water tank. I had hoped for in demand water.. but you can't have everything.. and I like the idea of having it fitted outside.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just checked and that pri
That really looks good. My only concern is having a hot water tank. I had hoped for in demand water.. but you can't have everything.. and I like the idea of having it fitted outside.
With the Webasto the tank is internal to the unit, there is no separate hot water tank.

Ours is mounted in the bottom of the wardrobe. You can mount it outside but it will need draining earlier when frost threatens. The electric option is essential I think, much quieter but of course it needs an EHU!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Just checked and that pri

With the Webasto the tank is internal to the unit, there is no separate hot water tank.

Ours is mounted in the bottom of the wardrobe. You can mount it outside but it will need draining earlier when frost threatens. The electric option is essential I think, much quieter but of course it needs an EHU!

You just need good batteries we have trojan. We have Webasto now, but not the dual Top evo 8
No hook up needed.
But the one we're having Fitted, above , has the option to be used on the hook up.

I doubt you'd get a second hand one mjltigger as they've only just come out , last year or so. Unless you got one off a right off maybe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Why do you need good batteries? Thought it was diesel so assumed 12v was just for control..

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Oh.. should have thought of that... hmm

I had originally thought I would get a catalytic like I had in my caravan but there isn't really room. Then planned a blown air but my under bed is pretty much full with the battery, water heater etc one side and the camping chairs etc the other. There is a big space in the engine bay being a traditionally oriented engine so could fit one of these in there and perhaps give it its own battery with another split charge to top it up as I drive looking at these I really like the idea of having a warm van as soon as you stop and warm water at the same time.

Silly idea.. If I'm putting in more battery, what will the cascade draw through an inverter and could it be rigged to provide heat via a 'radiator' do you think....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back