Free Member
Jan 16, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Cathargo m liner
Exp
2 years
We are having nearly a month off touring France in July starting in the Dordogne for a week,and then going for a beach brake down the coast around Perpignan can any one recommend a good site on the beach that takes Dogs and has excellent washroom facilities

Many Thanks

Huddersfield 123

Toe toe

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
Have a look at Le Haras it's got great reviews and not far from the med we are going in July

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
tons of sites along the coast in this area. not sure about Perpignan but Argles nearby a nightmare......I warn you its the only place in France that we would never return to during school holiday. the crowds were unimaginable, getting table in a restaurant a bun fight. your walk down the streets so jammed with people its reminiscent of getting out of a football match! Awful place

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I camped at Argeles in a tent 40 tears ago and didn't like it then!!

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
tons of sites along the coast in this area. not sure about Perpignan but Argles nearby a nightmare......I warn you its the only place in France that we would never return to during school holiday. the crowds were unimaginable, getting table in a restaurant a bun fight. your walk down the streets so jammed with people its reminiscent of getting out of a football match! Awful place

We went for the first time last year, just to see why it was so popular. We had tried booking a site before we left UK and found most to be full.
After visiting the Pyrenees, we headed towards Argeles then followed the coast up to Perpignan. When we arrived we were so glad that we hadn't booked for a week, it's the first area in France that we haven't enjoyed. Wished we had stayed longer in the mountains.
Stayed a couple of nights on aires before travelling towards Narbonne and Beziers - so much nicer.

If you've never been, I guess pencil in a couple of days to see what it's all about.
Other option, head an hour or two south into Spain - better beaches, warmer water, less wind and less people...

The best campsite I can recommend is http://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/le_serignan_plage nr Beziers, it's got fantastic facilities and direct beach access.
I'm not a dog owner but from memory, dogs are allowed on site but not on the beach, sorry can't help more !

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
There are two airs in Nabonne plus municipal camping. Argeles su Mer is quite at this time of year and you could park by the Marina, Port Vendre has an aire but lots of trees to hole the van if not careful. Collioure is nice and you could park by the station but don't know if still possible. The Hotel Commercial in Arglese old town did a great Plat d Jour park down by the river and walk back to the cross roads. and if you go to Cebere there is a museum/hotel shaped like a cruise liner. In other words its a nice area if you bother to look. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back