MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Not the right website address Foggy !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Anybody paying the sort of prices mentioned here must have more money than sense, the UK camping scene is more or less controlled by the Caravan Club and they seem to squeeze the pockets of their members to the limit, some club.

When you think about it how many people could actually rent out their house for that amount per day/week never mind a small patch of ground miles from anywhere.

We have just got back from Portugal where we were paying 1.80 euuros per night for a damn good site with all the basics on, if they can do it why cant we get prices down.

RD

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Anybody paying the sort of prices mentioned here must have more money than sense, the UK camping scene is more or less controlled by the Caravan Club and they seem to squeeze the pockets of their members to the limit, some club.

When you think about it how many people could actually rent out their house for that amount per day/week never mind a small patch of ground miles from anywhere.

We have just got back from Portugal where we were paying 1.80 euuros per night for a damn good site with all the basics on, if they can do it why cant we get prices down.

RD
Yes, but really, Portugal is a bit..............Council estate?? :cry: I mean, it is a tad 'old lags and young offenders', Alsatian dog and string vest in summer.......The sort of place where people with VERY old Hymer's end up in?? :):);)

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
I suppose some wassocks are paying the stupid prices you quote for parking a MH but call me tight, I like to call it prudent, it cost us less than €100 for 28 nights of overnight stops in France last year.

Now that's what I call value for money!

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Yes, but really, Portugal is a bit..............Council estate?? :cry: I mean, it is a tad 'old lags and young offenders', Alsatian dog and string vest in summer.......The sort of place where people with VERY old Hymer's end up in?? :):);)

I have no idea if you have ever been to Portugal Tootles but your description does not resemble any part of Portugal I have visited in the past 12 years

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
we were away this weekend to a motorhome rally in Bridge of Allan, 2 nights, bingo, entertainment, free cakes/treats on Friday night.
Saturday lunch time free home made soup, eggs and ham rolls, left over cakes, bingo (didn't win) good company and hook up/elsan/potable water. all for the cost only £12 per night.
Rarely if ever go on a commercial site, use various clubs/groups to get the best out of our van and getting pitches so cheap allows us to go away more often and some of the rallies are Thursday to Monday
sorted !!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have no idea if you have ever been to Portugal Tootles but your description does not resemble any part of Portugal I have visited in the past 12 years

He was :reel: for a response from one of our other members :)

@Tootles is often in the naughty corner........

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Tried the back streets of *FUN*chal recently?? :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: Anyway, with a funny name like Funnymoney, you should be able to see the *FUN* side to every post.....:moon2:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Paul
Sitting on a site in St. Andrews as I write this.£11 per night including hook up, no extra for dogs.
Charlie.
Er.....Is the grass very well cut on your pitch, and is there a pole thing in a hole, with a little triangular flag on top? If so, your parked on the 14th green. :)

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Er no, forgot to add that the price also includes use of the site swimming pool, and no it is not a big puddle in the middle of the green.
Charlie.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Er no, forgot to add that the price also includes use of the site swimming pool, and no it is not a big puddle in the middle of the green.
Charlie.
C&CC membership needed here.....................nice site .......nice beer
visited late last year with club.
About £28 a night in the summer. :cheers:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Dont know if this has threaded before but was going to book in at Kinkell Braes in St Andrews on Sunday night. £30.... I declined on principle, another site at nearby craigton would not take dogs, so went south to lovely Crail in south Fife
Got me thinking, where is the most expensive site?....
You could put the shoe on the other foot......how much would you charge for a secure pitch on a hard base with unlimited water, hot showers and washing facilities, electricity on tap, illuminated roadways, reception staff facilities gardener, all taxes and overheads. £30 dont sound to bad to me.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back