Camp Site Almafura Spain or la manga

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by ROD & LISA, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ROD & LISA

ROD & LISA Read Only Funster

Hi all we are going to spain in sept 2010 and trying to find out about Almafura camp site or la Manga has anyone stayed there , what is it like , as there web sites dont really tell you much , Or is there any better ones you can recomend .We have a 36foot RV so need a large pitch . Cheers any help would be Great.
    Rod & Lisa :Eeek:

2. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

We stayed in la Manga in our 36ft A class RV its ok but depends when you go and can be quite expensive and very noisy, the nice bit it has its own private beach on the mar menor.
    As you face the beach the right hand side of the site has turned into a ghetto with even potacabins with scaffold and netting attached and is very noisy.

We would stay there again but would not go in July August as its far too busy but should be fine in September.
    Also a great supermarket on site to stock up.:thumb:

3. arty23

arty23 Funster

4. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Stayed a few times at La-Manga,, if you are going to stay any length of time try and do a deal,, they will out of season.

That time of year it is comfortably warm, still loads of Bars & Restaurants open, but not so crowded.. Nice cycling along the Mar-Menor..

As Ror says right hand side getting a bit over inhabited,,

If you can and have a large`ish rig ask to go on the left hand road as you look down from reception (which is the Out road -one way system in use-) other wise you may be put in the middle, which is like a rabbit warren of little roads/lanes, and seemed to me to be on top of each other.. (How they managed to get some of the big rigs into these parts beats me) :RollEyes:

Enjoy your trip.. :thumb:

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

6. madbluemad

madbluemad

This is a great site which will take your rv easily. Its on the Costa Brava so it depends how far you want to travel.

The surrounding area is beatifull, its a bit hilly so you need to be pretty good on your pins. It starts to cool down a bit in September.

http://www.campingkims.com/01.php?lang=EN

Jim

:Smile:
    The photo's of the site dont do it justice.

7. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Cool: Are you referring to Camping Almafra? :-

http://www.campingalmafra.es/

8. ROD & LISA

Hi all yes i ment to say Almafra got carried away on key board .

9. Funnymunny

Funnymunny Read Only Funster

Be very carefull if booking for La Manga, 3 years ago i booked 3 large pitches for myself and 2 friends, on arrival we were allocated 3 pitches spread all over the huge site and were not near one another at all.
    My one mate was fine he had the large pitch booked but i could not possibly get into my allocated pitch and i am only 23ft long so off to the office politely requesting another, after some discussion they gave me another pitch ,the second one again no chance of getting in as the high hedges were all around and not enough room to turn in.

They completely refused to give me a large pitch as booked so i asked for a refund of the 100 euro deposit which they refused but after a hard discussion and the htreat of taking it up with the credit card company i had paid with they returned my depsit and stuck 2 fingers up at me and mouthed off in Spanish.

My other mate also ended up with a small very enclosed pitch and was refused another so all 3 of us had a refund and moved on. The best thing we ever did as the site looked a dump to me.

RD

10. iluvmyrv

iluvmyrv Read Only Funster

Hi.We stayed at Camping Almafra from Oct 2009 - January 2010 and had a great time.They have various sized and priced pitches,but if you are staying a while you can negotiate.Plenty of other big RVs and friendly people.We have booked too go back in Sept,health permitting.You can get a bus too Benidorm from outside the campsite - excellent service every 20 minutes - if you want some 'nightlife' but we found the local bars great! Bar and restaurant on site,great indoor swimming pool,jacuzzi etc and bars/restaurant within walking distance. La manga - well thats a differant kettle of fish altogether. We had booked too go there for 3 months a couple of years back and as we had a car drove there (from Benidorm) too check it out.What a dump!! Cancelled the booking and stayed where we were!!! Give Almafra a try -Im sure you wont be disappointed.

11. ROD & LISA

Thanks to all that have answered our question , We think by reading these we will be going to Almafra , but if you have any more info about Almafra please reply . It sounds a great site . :thumb:Cheers all Rod & Lisa

12. scotjimland

Wishing you a great trip :Smile:

Tips.

Spanish sites are usually very dusty with little or no grass, and the ground is like concrete, so take a large piece of plastic sheeting to use as a groundsheet, the sort you can buy in builders merchants or garden centers, a dozen or so of 6" nails and a 2lb club hammer..

Don't forget a Spanish EHU plug

13. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

Its all a matter of opinion and personal taste. We stayed in La manga last october. Whilst you could not fault the site facilities, it was not to our taste. The site is absolutely huge, lots of people staying for a long time. The bar/ restaurant is excellent value for money, but when we arrived it was full of english people doing line dancing. Nothing against that, but it is not us.

The area around is almost totally developed and not particularly attractive.

We had stayed for a few nights in the hills before which was quiet, beautiful views and much more to our liking.

We went to see what it was like, I doubt we will go back.

14. billym

billym Read Only Funster

Out of the two I would choose Almafra. It is not pretty and not on the beach. It is noisy from traffic but public transport both train and bus is within 200 yards You are also 10 minutes walk of the town of Alfas del Pi. We did not like La Manga very much as it was a bit out of the way and to get anywhere from there you could do with a car.

We found the beach at La Manga uninviting.

15. johnsandywhite

:Cool: What would you like to know? We are in our fourth year here. THAT must say something. :Rofl1:

16. johnsandywhite

:Laughing: That is quite correct Jim. Apart from when it's been raining a lot. Then it like MUD Soup. :Rofl1:

17. evans88

evans88 Read Only Funster

I've thought about staying there for about 4 weeks in the Autumn but was put off by the lack of any price information.

Why don't they publish their prices on the internet? Does anyone know how much per night for a 4 week stay.

18. ROD & LISA

Hi have been looking to book but donot know what colour plot would be suitable for my 36 foot Challenger , were on site is the best position , should i phone them or book by internet , can we have mail sent there ,any little things like this we would be glad to know as we are still new to RVing started Nov 2009 and we donot want another winter in England .
    Thanks Rod & Lisa :thumb:

19. johnsandywhite

:Cool: You will fit virtually anywhere on the site. But Orange (Naranja) or Red (Roja) would be best. We are 38ft and are on a Red (Roja) plot. Quite a few people have asked me how to find the prices on the Internet. They have even emailed tha Campsite for this Information.

Basically the 2010 prices are:-

Orange (Nananja) plot for 1 to 30 days is 18.40€ per day over 31 days 14.59€ - Elec 3€/day.

Red (Roja) plot 1 to 30 days is 20.00€ per day over 31 days 15.15€ - Elec 0.35€/kw

This is for the Plot plus 2 persons. Electric/Water/Sewage/Cable TV on all Orange/Red plots.

20. scotjimland

wow .. they certainly know how to charge for leccy .... 35c per kw :Eeek:

no wonder you have a big bank and roof full of solar panels John .. :Cool: