Camos Flat sat + versus Glomex Dome???? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi We are torn between the two, can anyone give feedback on either and their use in South of France and north of Barcelona??

Any feedback greatly appreciated as we have to choose one so it can be fitted to our new motorhome!!!!!!!

Ginny

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

Ive had the Camos Flat Sat for a couple of years now and its been as good as gold. Its never given me a problem even in very windy conditions.

I havent been far with it, the furthest being St Malo way which isnt far but it was ecellent,

I would reccomend it.

I have no knowledge of the Glomex Dome.

Hope this helps.

Jim
:Smile:

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Hi We are torn between the two, can anyone give feedback on either and their use in South of France and north of Barcelona??

Any feedback greatly appreciated as we have to choose one so it can be fitted to our new motorhome!!!!!!!

Ginny
Hi i have had the same debate (with myself) and have read excellent reports about both as i also regularly visit the Costa Brava . I have always used a freestander and updated all of the components recently ie.good quality sat.cable,lnb.95 cm.dish etc. the improvements are amazing . This is not what you are asking but a lot of auto. equipment is useless where trees etc. interfere and a freestander gives much more flexibility albeit its a pain to transport AL.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Ginny

I fitted the Camos Plus to my last van and it is an excellent satellite dish. I bought the Plus as it can be skewed (the flat panel can be adjusted off the horizontal) which gives it a greater receiving footprint. I used it in Southern Germany on the Swiss Border, close to the Austrian border at Chiemsee, all over France and never had any problems at all.

It can be used in windy conditions that would have had me lowering my previous Maxview in haste. An excellent product, easy to fit and very easy to align ( even with my el cheepo Maplins 12v receiver which is brilliant).

My new van has a Camos 40cm dome. I used it in Rome last month with no problems using a Pace Skybox. It too is an excellent dish, locks on in seconds and doesn't seem to be affected by the wind. I am sure that the Glomex would be similar.

The dome was fitted by the previous owner but were I going down the 'open your own wallet' route again I would not hesitate to get another Flat Sat Plus and save £400.

Pat

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Have you considered a NETA dome?

Ginny

My NETA dome worked very well in the South of France this April. Got all the free to air stations. Had it fitted by Van Bitz... I gather there is a new control box for it now so it is a very good bit of kit.

Bob

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I had a Camos 40 dome fitted this year, a great bit of kit.

However, on the French Toll Motorways at unmanned peage stations the automatic height measuring device picked out the top of my dome at 3.4m and charge me class 3 (ie as a commercial vehicle.:cry::cry:very expensive. At all manned booths I was classed as a class2!

Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
hi there i have the plus with the skew .if you want to use the skew you need access to it ether ladder to roof or have it fitted near a roof vent were you can get to it .
i found through trial and error you can get a signal very quick and be watching tv in a few minutes i don't have a sky box .use the maplins box .have one fitted and when you go to spain still take your big dish with you .then you are covered for your stay .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back