Camos Dome (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
I had reason to remove my Camos Dome cover today. I noticed a long vertical crack in the plastic. So I decided to remove the screws from the opposite side and work round to it. But as soon as I started to undo another screw, another crack emanated from there to half way up the Dome. The Dome is totally brittle and it appears it may be due to UV degradation. The Dome is 3 years old and considering it is outside 24/7 365 days per year, is it fit for purpose ? I am informed that the internals would be under warranty but not the Dome cover. A new Dome cover is £140. Is it reasonable that the Dome cover should require replacing every 3 years ? This sits beside the air con unit which is 3 years older and that cover is OK and flexible. Has anyone had anything similar happen ?
Any thoughts or advice would be welcome.
Mike. :Sad:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I thought that the warranty for Camos was five years? We only sell KVH domes, but used to install Camos years ago when they first came out and would agree that they can suffer with UV problems, but a warranty is a warranty?

Who did you buy the Camos off?

Eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I thought that RoadPro gave a five year warranty? They are always very good and fair with such things, so give them a call

Eddie

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I too, have always found Roadpro good to deal with and would start with them.
My Camos was fitted by Dave Newell (approved Roadpro installer) but I think at the time, that the warranty was less than 5 years (2 or 3 I think). Roadpro have since extended it; I believe this coincided with them rebranding the UK WiWorld domes from Camos to Roadpro.

I offered the alternative replacement dome supply link in case the OP's warranty has expired.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
whingyraindrop
Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Thanks for the input guys. I was in touch with Roadpro this morning just after it happened. They told me the Internals were guaranteed for 5 years but not the Dome cover. It does appear strange that when purchased the unit had a 5 year guarantee, but now they are choosing which part is guaranteed and which part is not. Their latest catalogue states 5 year guarantee if fitted by Roadpro, as was mine. It certainly does not break down what is under warranty and what is not. I will e-mail Andy the MD of Roadpro for his response.
Mike.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I am sure that the person that you spoke to has got it wrong!

Why would some components be covered and others not?

If the lid is cracked, water will be pouring in, potentially damaging the electrical components inside

Would those components then be covered under the warranty? of course they would. So if they had to keep replacing water damaged electrical components due to water ingress, logic would demand that the lid be replaced to eliminate the problem.

Road pro write their own terms and conditions, and I am sure that you'll find that it is covered

Eddie

OP
OP
whingyraindrop
Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Roadpro Boss Andy is on holiday so his e-mail directed me to his No2 Allen Jenner. Allen answered by return saying that the whole unit is guaranteed. He then made an appointment for me to have the Dome cover replaced free of charge. I have just returned home after the fitting.::bigsmile: Because Roadpro are my nearest dealer etc. I have purchased a few goodies off them in the past and as other people have stated they very helpful, courteous and professional. It was just a simple mistake over the phone.
Thank you very much Roadpro.
Thank you also to all you helpful Motorhome funsters.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back