Camos dome tracking (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Just wondering if anyone knows if the camos satellite system is know redundant.
Been out to the motorhome to get things up a running and the system seems to lock onto a satalite.but a text on the avtex says no signal. Not to sure if it's just the receiver or the control box .if anyone's using one at the moment it would be nice to not so I can eliminate the control box.
if it points to the reciever could I just by pass it and connect it straight into the avtex tv with built in free view. If anyone can advise I would be most greatful .

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
If the "lock" light is coming on on the dome controller then the dome is functioning correctly (check which satellite it is picking up via the satellite indicator led on the front of the controller). Is the TV set to the correct source? (Scart/AV in/HDMI). You would only be able to connect the TV direct to the dome controller output if it has a built in satellite receiver, Freeview is terrestrial not satellite so that won't work with the dome.

D.

OP
OP
Zajacp
Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thanks Dave. It locks on but the receiver displays a message on screen no signal I've checked the connections and the settings on tv to be sure .
I can only assume its the receiver . Any recommendations on a decent receiver .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I am rusty at this, but as I recall, (sky box) you can enter the settings on screen which shows the signal strength and several other parameters, which would confirm IF the LNB was functioning properly? I have not as yet tried it with my (mobile) Sat; set-up, but I would suspect it might be similar?

Pete

OP
OP
Zajacp
Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thanks for all your replies, got it sorted by a quick reinstall which has given me back stations but all jumbled up .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjjj

Free Member
Apr 5, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
new
Hi Zajacp - i have the same problem, so, what did you re-install and how if you don't mind me asking.

OP
OP
Zajacp
Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi. In the main menu,general settings there's a option to reinstall settings,took about 15 min to reinstall and search for channels. The only down side is that all the channels are mixed up so you have to set this option up again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back