Camos dome tracking

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Zajacp, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Zajacp

Zajacp

Just wondering if anyone knows if the camos satellite system is know redundant.
    Been out to the motorhome to get things up a running and the system seems to lock onto a satalite.but a text on the avtex says no signal. Not to sure if it's just the receiver or the control box .if anyone's using one at the moment it would be nice to not so I can eliminate the control box.
    if it points to the reciever could I just by pass it and connect it straight into the avtex tv with built in free view. If anyone can advise I would be most greatful .

2. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

If the "lock" light is coming on on the dome controller then the dome is functioning correctly (check which satellite it is picking up via the satellite indicator led on the front of the controller). Is the TV set to the correct source? (Scart/AV in/HDMI). You would only be able to connect the TV direct to the dome controller output if it has a built in satellite receiver, Freeview is terrestrial not satellite so that won't work with the dome.

D.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Zajacp

Zajacp

Thanks Dave. It locks on but the receiver displays a message on screen no signal I've checked the connections and the settings on tv to be sure .
    I can only assume its the receiver . Any recommendations on a decent receiver .

4. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

5. PeteH

PeteH Funster

I am rusty at this, but as I recall, (sky box) you can enter the settings on screen which shows the signal strength and several other parameters, which would confirm IF the LNB was functioning properly? I have not as yet tried it with my (mobile) Sat; set-up, but I would suspect it might be similar?

Pete

6. Zajacp

Zajacp

Thanks for all your replies, got it sorted by a quick reinstall which has given me back stations but all jumbled up .

7. mjjj

mjjj Read Only Funster

Hi Zajacp - i have the same problem, so, what did you re-install and how if you don't mind me asking.

8. Zajacp

Zajacp

Hi. In the main menu,general settings there's a option to reinstall settings,took about 15 min to reinstall and search for channels. The only down side is that all the channels are mixed up so you have to set this option up again.