Camos Crank-up Sat Dish, Owners Experiences

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Flamenca, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Flamenca

Flamenca Funster Life Member

I am looking for a budget cost satellite dish and the Camos Crank-up Plus unit seems to fit the bill nicely. However, before I go ahead and buy one I would like to hear from other Funsters regarding their experiences with this particular dish.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

Good bit of kit
    I had one on the last van and would have one on this van if there was a space to fit it
    Took a little while to get use to it but i could usually set it up in 3-4mins
    If you are in the UK a lot fine, but it was no go in France if you were away from the north coast

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

As Chris says once you get used to setting it up they are fine, we had the Plus Version with twin LNB and did get all the UK channels May last year down as far as Grenoble in France and our sky channels all over central and northern Italy.
    I would suggest you get a decent signal meter , the buzzer ones can be confusing for adjacent satellites.
    I use one of these. also get a reasonable compass helpful when you pitch up for checking line of sight to the satellite avoiding trees and buildings etc.
    The installation was relatively easy, once you overcome the fear of drilling a hole in the roof :Eeek:
    Cheers

4. Detnor

Detnor Funster

I had one fitted by @dave newell lvs about 5 years ago, still works perfectly. As chrisboyo says, it takes a bit of practice, but you can get it set up quickly. We have had no problems anywhere in France, sitting near La Rochelle at the moment and full tv and radio reception.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Flamenca

Flamenca Funster Life Member

Thanks for the info. Out of interest, which sat box do you have?

6. Jean-luc

Jean-luc Funster

7. Detnor

Detnor Funster

A cheap comag, got it from maplins, works on mains or 12v. Interesting to read about sat meters, never used one. I put the dish up, put on BBC 2 then adjust until I hear it! Must look at signal meters.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  8. teensvan99

teensvan99 Funster

Hi.

We fit the maxview crank up system to our vans. First van was a burstner 748. Had it for 8 years and sold it with system in place working fine. Bought swift escape two years ago and first job fit maxview crank up system. We use the cheap sat box from maplin Fortic star. Work very well in Europe.

steve & ann. ---------- teensvan

9. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

I would also recommend Camos, worked perfectly even down to mid France. Easy to set up once you get used to it and that there are more than one satellite it will try to pick up. There is only one good one.

• Like Like x 1