Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
hi
reverse camera didnt work when i bought my bessacarr e560 just bought a camera without audio it just has power and av lead not same as van does anybody know the wiring to connect to mh it connects to motorola sat nav does it come on automatic in reverse (when working)

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
Bit of help (maybe)

Hi there.
My E560 has a Blaupunkt satnav/reversing screen which comes on when you select reverse.:RollEyes:
I'm afraid I can't help with the wiring though. Sorry.:Sad:

OP
OP
D

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
Sat nav

Sorry mine is a blaupunkt

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
do you know what connector is on the van:?
I recently changed cameras and the monitor and original camera were completely differnet. I was told there is no industry standard connection. I ended up replacing the camera as well.
I have mine wired directly in to a feed so I can use it to check whats behind me whist driving, like a rear view mirror.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
hi
reverse camera didnt work when i bought my bessacarr e560 just bought a camera without audio it just has power and av lead not same as van does anybody know the wiring to connect to mh it connects to motorola sat nav does it come on automatic in reverse (when working)

Hi
ask on here and give year and all details

Link Removed

good luck

OP
OP
D

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
just had auo electrician out to look at mh fixed windows and mirrors (70 amp fuse attached to battery) going to sort out back up camera on monday the wiring is not stright forward for a novice but he has figured it out so hopefully i will be able to see what i hit when i reverse

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Camera systems are commonplace on forklifts.Our motorhome one is no different. During my time on these, whatever the manufacturer or connectors used, there will be at least four conductors in the cable.
1- +ive supply
2- -ive
3- Coax inner ( video signal)
4- Coax outer (braid) Note-NOT the cable shielding but the outer of the coax running within the cable!

Any extra conductors will be for ancillaries such as sound!

It just needs a bit of work with a multimeter and access to the camera manufacturer's data to determine what does what to identify the pos and neg supply!:Smile:

Almost any plug can be added to either end of either cable, the best source for these is Maplin, RS or similar. Any plug can be waterproofed using copious amounts of self-amalgamating tape!

Sorry not to be of much more help than that......:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back