Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
I would like to ask those more experienced than us about your expectations from the rear view camera, namely what you would regard as acceptable performance in low light/near darkness when the IR sensors take over?

We have a system that is so poor that we would rather turn the monitor off than put up with the screen flashing every time a vehicle goes past. The exposure also varies randomly as the IR sensors and daylight sensor battle for supremacy. It's so bad that it is not much good even driving on a well lit road and virtually useless for reversing in anything other than daylight.

Is this just how it is or do we have a system not fit for purpose?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Just bumping this for you Molls as I can't help. Mine isn't good enough to reverse at night either but someone will surely be by soon who can help you.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I have 2 systems, one dealler fitted high camera pair which give an excelent flicker free high resolution picture, and a low level ebaycheapie with a wireless link. It flashes a bit and sometimes is a bit fuzzy which I put down to the wireless bit but most of the time is OK. I donot use it much when driving so cant comment on passing vehicle performance.

Is your camera wired or wireless.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
This is a pre-wired, dual-lens system offered by the vehicle convertor. Not a cheap option either.

CeeJay13

Free Member
Sep 16, 2015
The North of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Returned 2015 after many years of kids and other expenses!
I have 2 cameras, one for reversing, the other as a rear view. They both have auto gain and IR and so when using the rear view, the screen appears to flash as you see no headlights and then headlights flood the picture until it takes control again. TBH it is very distracting and so switch off nightime. Daytime is fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back