Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Evening all, better half wants a Camcorder for Christmas. Easy to use, SD card take videos from moving van, help please. Barrie.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
New or used. ?
I have a Panasonic one (somewhere) that I was thinking of selling as not used it in ages. Used to have it in the van and posted several videos on YouTube from it.. Simple and does the job.
Will check in later as I'm off to the pub.. :)

OP
OP
Middy42

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Thanks for the offer, but it will have to be new.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
If you only want it for the van why not get a dash cam the quality is very good now

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
They are kind of becoming less common as almost everyone can take HD video on their phone now.

When you're looking at them make sure it can shoot full 1080p HD. I can't offer a recommendation other than that.

An idea that's outside the box a bit but you never know: Look at a GoPro. They shoot broadcast quality HD video, couldn't be simpler to use, have endless possibilities for fun use and are pretty much indestructible. Only real downside is that there is no zoom facility and the fixed focal length is pretty short.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I use a JVC Everio, which is full HD, records on a built in hard drive. I can edit in bits from my dash cam as well, although the lens on the dashcam is not as good it all goes in OK when viewed on a 9ft projection screen. I edit with Avid studio which is great but not particularly cheap.

Camera like this, though mine didn't come with the matte box. Amazon product ASIN B000S84KLY
Tried to add a link to Amazon, didn't work for some reason.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Most half decent digital cameras now have a video facility .. a separate camcorder is something else to carry..

Two years ago I bought a Sony Handycam , about £600 .. at that time I was also using Nikon SLR D50 (which has no video facility)

Tired of carrying both about, I bought a Fiji x100s and.. the video quality is just as good, and it's available at the flick of a switch ...
The Sony hasn't been used since.. nor has the Nikon which is a bit of a waste..

Unless it is for pro work, you don't need anything better

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back