cambrils

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by david and ann, Aug 15, 2011.

1. david and ann

david and ann Read Only Funster

Hola guys
    off to France in 2 weeks with the 1st stop at Cambrils (llosa) camping card site in Spain. Been on their web site and its full of trees. My bus is at least 3 meters high, does anyone know if this is a prob there. We will then use aires in Leucate Plage before finishing up at Carcassonne
    Cheers
    David:thumb:

2. JJ

JJ Funster

If I were you I would hasten through France quickly just in case any of the French authorities read MotorhomeFun posts... :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

JJ :Cool:

Lest we forget... a recent post..

"Typical FROGS Rude and bloody bad mannered. Only time i let on to a frog is when i wave at a passing motorhome before i realise its a FROG
    ps dont know how the better half talked me into going to Carcassone in 3 weeks time, must have been asleep and mumbled yes !!!!!!!!!"

• Like Like x 5
  3. david and ann

Touche !!!!!!!!!

4. JJ

JJ Funster

Ah... vous parlez Francais monsieur... tres bien...! Il y a encore espoir pour vous... :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

JJ :Cool:

5. david and ann

Naw just about English and Spanish.

6. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

have to say that with you living in spain you should know the height that olive,almond, orange,lemon trees are allowed to grow to unless you live in one of the concrete jungle areas (commonly known as 'little britain'). Just incase you are not used to spanish countryside most trees are kept to a max height of 10' or just over 3mtr for ease of picking the fruit from it and campsites do plant olive,almond,orange and lemon trees around pitches as it also then gives them a second income as well as providing shade. A pitch of 50sq or 75sq mtrs is not large.

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Tip

carry a bush saw and or long handled lopping shears ... :thumb:

and that's not a joke.. can come in very handy

I think JJ also caries a chain saw and a bush whacking strimmer for 'wild' pitches.. :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

And FUNsters who annoy him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. david and ann

]#
    Really helpful lot, many thanks. Not one useful reply

10. TDH

TDH Funster

Well there's a surprise!

I guess you could try a French forum, or you could simply ask for help when you get to France - as you'll know from a previous thread, they're a helpful lot.

Je vous en prie 'guys'.

Enjoy the fishing! :reel:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  11. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

OK,,, Here's a proper one...:RollEyes:
    We have often stayed at Salou, camping la siesta.
    They have a lot of very mature trees.. My van is 3.1mtr and we manage okay, have to watch on some corners and when you get close to the tree's.. Just make sure you have a good look before you start any manovering..

12. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

I told you so !!!!

Well now, Quelle Surprise ! Until you come clean and apologise to Frankie for your ignorant and facile remarks, you will not get much joy from funsters !
    Might I suggest that you resign from this forum and join Facts...more your kind of people !

• Like Like x 5
  13. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

now given that i did state the usual size of trees round pitches and the fact the pitches are not large ones and on the website for the campsite there is a pic of a caravan on a pitch with the trees over it, I thought that mine was a post of some use, and the fact that none of us might of stayed at that campsite the poster just might of got no replies at all, personally i would stay at one of the campsites just outside L'Hospitalet de l'infant where the pitches although having shade from trees the trees do not encroach too much on the parking area of the pitch

mind you i do find it funny that he is going to france considering he considers all french people to be rude and bad mannered

• Like Like x 4
  14. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

mine also .. .. but there you go :RollEyes:

15. TDH

TDH Funster

Hey! David and Ann!

You're not Swifts in disguise are you?

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

!!!!!

Even Swift wouldn't go to the depths of ignorance and xenophobia that these two "people ??" go to !:Angry::Angry::Angry:

17. tonywolst

tonywolst Read Only Funster

Hi,
    Just spent a week there, I'm 2.9 and caught my roof (no damage) but that was more the way I parked, I shuffled around a bit and was fine, there were others there with MH's taller than mine and they were fine, so I would say don't worry you'll be fine:thumb:

18. paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome Read Only Funster

went to cambrils in june and spent 8 nights there this was on cambrills park campsite
    great campsite with great entertainment facilitues and pools
    glad we went as next year they are chenging it and just having huts etc
    get a sunbed early around the pools
    great site really clean
    no grass on the pitches as whether is so dry and hot

on thhis park there are plenty of these trees each pitch was divided by them one on each side and yes they were low olvive trees but if you are carefull manovering then you should be ok especially if you park in the middle of your pitch but care IS NEEDED and dont park to close because if it is windy the leaves can brush against the top of the van and keep you awake
    i used a pair of scissors and just cut a couple of inches off the ends of two stalks for peace
    i have a swift bessacaar with overhead cab front bed and was fine but TAKE CARE they are low and the branches stick out in all directions
    enjoy
    one word of note
    if you use the bus service that runs along the front from cambrills to tarragona then get a bus card which is 12 euro (10 euros of fares and 2 euros deposit) it is a multi person card and you can make ten journeys on it or 5 jouneys each if there are two of you etc etc and works out at less then a euro a journey
    three of us were going to tarragona and back and insted of costing us 16 euros it only cost us about six saving us about 12 euros
    you simply top it up with more money as you go along and if you take the card back empty then you get 2 euros back
    you can get this card at one of the bus booths along the front there is one not far from camping cambrills but you CANNOT get them on the bus
    if you are going into salou, cambrills or tarragona a few times then they will save you a fair bit of money:thumb:

19. david and ann

a little bit like some of the funsters on this site.
    but anyway thanks for your useful comments. Maybe the Francophiles have only ever had good experiences in France, i have not and WE are not ignorant or xenophobic !!!!!!!! I called the french rude i didnt murder any of them Get a life tdh jj salopian

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  20. JJ

JJ Funster

Thanks for your advice to "get a life" david or anne (or both.)

It does lighten my day when reading objectionable posts because they just emphasise how friendly and pleasant Funsters usually are to each other even when they don't hold the same opinions.

If trolling is the game and winding people up is the aim I am afraid it has failed in this instance.

Enjoy your day...

JJ

• Like Like x 2