Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi Guys
As you may have read in my other posts , I have only had old motors before and done all my own repairs and maintenence , but now haveing gone mad and bought a relitivly new motor for me and dont want to b***** it up but as it is a 2.2 hdi 2007 with only 24000 on the clock i never thought it would want a cambelt for years but having looked on here and other places, apparently it should have been done at 5 years.
Now having done them myself on other old motors is there anything that would be hard to do by myslf on this or any other thoughts on it , please.
Thanks
Chas

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you've done a belt before then this shouldn't be a problem for you.

only extra tools needed are a socket big enough to fit the crankshaft nut, cant remember the exact size but around 48mm from memory.

a set of locking pins, or suitably sized drill bits, to lock the injector pump and camshaft.

a second person to stand on the brake pedal while you undo the crank nut....unless you want to remove the starter motor and lock the ring gear.

and a torque wrench capable of 240lbft to tighten the crank nut.

Last edited:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
You can borrow my wife shes like a spanner when she passes me me nut tighten up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
you could always give Geo a pm or http://www.peckshillgarage.com/

he will give you a price and a Funster discount if you want a garage to do it for you its about 41 miles from uttoxeter and an hour and he will know if you need anything else ie. waterpump tensioners etc

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
firstly if you have changed the cam belt on other cars/vans you should have no problem changing the belt on yours as the basic machanics of engines have changed little,but as your's is a common rail engine the good news is there is no injector pump to time up,the ecu deals with the injector timing through electronic controlled injectors,so this makes fitting a cam belt a whole lot easyer ,you will need to lock the crankshaft up useing a 7.5 mm drill bit and the cam shaft up using a 8mm drill bit,i would advise changing the pulleys and tensioners and also the water pump.
the hole for the locking pin on the crank shaft if i remember correctly is above the starter motor,
:thumb:
just it,and save yourself a few quid by not dealing with the[STRIKE] stealers[/STRIKE] sorry i mean dealers:Doh:

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I thought the 2.2 engine had a chain?

I never noticed before you had the 2.2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just read Chris's post so forget all the drivel in my post....that was for the earlier, pre common rail engine. :Doh:

same principal though...locking pins and large socket.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I thought the 2.2 engine had a chain?

I never noticed before you had the 2.2

Well , had some good news today, thought Id ask around some garages on the phone how much it would cost to have it done , had various qoutes of up to £420 plus vat but then tried one in Stoke who I had never spoken to before and the very helpful lady said "I will have to ring you back on that one, give me your reg number" so half an hour later she rang back to tell me that she had actually rang peugoet to confirm it , and said it was a chain and didnt want doing, would the others have had it in and said they had done it do you think, or would they have found out first as she did:Eeek:.
Apparently it changed half way through 2006
I know one thing now I know where I shall be going when service time comes around

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Yep same thing happened to me
Checked at my local garage aqnd it's a cam chain:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun