Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Has anyone recently bought a Calor Lite cylinder (6kg type)?
I bought a refill the other day and it did not have the usual contents gauge attached.
When I queried this, I was told by the 12 year old salesperson that " Oh Calor doesn't fit those gauges anymore" - are you sure I asked, because they were fitting them 3 weeks ago when I bought my last one :RollEyes:

I have EMailed Calor, but have had no response, so does anyone out there know if I have been told the truth or a big porky ? ::bigsmile:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I bought one three weeks ago with the gauge on, I swapped it for an old type £22.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The Calor Link Removed still says
3. The Calor Lite® has built in Gas Trac® which is exclusive to Calor. It gives you a clear and simple way to check your gas levels

I think that in the early days of Calorlite they produced some cylinders without gauges because they couldn't get enough. I bet it's one of those bottles still in circulation because Calor are too tight to scrap/convert it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
£22... :Eeek: :Eeek: :Eeek:

I am sorry... "legal" or not "legal" I will continue to have the attendant at my local fuel station in Avelar, Portugal fill my Calor lite bottle via my "bought on ebay" adapter for around €9.

Calor = Monopolistic Thieves :Angry: :Angry: :Angry:

JJ :Cool:

PS. And so my bottle still has its gauge...

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
£19 where I get mine, and they are even lighter than standard because they don't have a gauge on ::bigsmile::thumb:

When I come back from our Scotland trip, I will see what the next bottle has in the way of a gauge & then I will persue the matter from there :Smile:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I think I was charged an extra couple of quid for the 'upgrade' to a lite bottle:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back