Calor Gas Bottles - have the rules changed? (1 Viewer)

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
My brother, a tugger, today went to his local Calor Gas dealer to be told that ANY change of size or gas type will require a new rental agreement at £30 a bottle.

My experience has been that dealers do not mind changing any portable camping type Calor bottle from one size to another, or from butane to propane, but his dealer has told him that Calor have changed the rules recently.

Anyone any knowledge?

Steve

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
From Calor site FAQs

» I would like to exchange my cylinder for a different size, can we do this at any Calor outlet?

Yes, call your local Calor Gas Direct outlet on 0800 662 663 and they will be able to advise.

Cylinders fall into two categories (see below), and may (subject to availability) be able to be exchanged for another cylinder within the same category free of charge. To exchange a cylinder for one in a different category, a charge may be applicable. Use our Cylinder Exchange Policy widget to see which cylinders you can exchange.

Link Removed

Cylinder Exchange Policy
Cylinders fall into two categories, and may be able to be exchanged for another cylinder within the same category free of charge.

Link Removed

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
basically if you have a 6kg propane or 7kg butane or calor lite then you are stuck with those sizes.
any other size can be exchanged for any other size or type excluding the 6kg propane / lite or 7kg butane as those are used mainly by caravans and motorhomes.

simply put rip off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
My brother, a tugger, today went to his local Calor Gas dealer to be told that ANY change of size or gas type will require a new rental agreement at £30 a bottle.

My experience has been that dealers do not mind changing any portable camping type Calor bottle from one size to another, or from butane to propane, but his dealer has told him that Calor have changed the rules recently.

Anyone any knowledge?

Steve

You will only have to fill in a new rental agreement and pay a new deposit if you want to exchange a bottle that does not fall in the calor exchange policy.

Please Note: New cylinders (those for which you have no suitable exchange) are subject to a £29.99 deposit known as a Refill Agreement Charge

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back