Calor gas bottle rental refunds.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by stevec, Apr 5, 2016.

1. stevec

stevec Funster

We had twin 13kg Calor bottles (supposedly registered in our name) supplied as part of a new vehicle deal last Septemder. We now wish to fit a refillable system. Am I able to return these bottles to Calor for a partial refund of the "rental" - assuming I can extract the required paperwork from the dealer?

2. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Wow good question. I didnt know they still did that. I've never paid for Calor or Flogas bottles so thought they had stopped it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. stevec

stevec Funster

I've just been on Calor's website and it seems I can get back 70% for up to a year from purchase. It will probably only amount to about £60 but every little helps. I won't be using the bottles again as I have a 6kg Calorlite to use a second (backup) if necessary.

4. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

Yes. It's a sliding scale depending on how long you have had them. But you will need that paperwork!

5. Enword

Enword Funster

Same here never paid a deposit for bottle, always curious when I see people selling empty bottles!?

6. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

I'm pretty sure you have to have the original receipt for them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Good luck with the refillable system..
    "Gas-it" is a good one and well priced.
    Mitch.

8. stevec

stevec Funster

I've been looking at the Gas-it system. Is there any advantage going for the Gas-it Plus which is R67 standard?

9. Autowbars

Autowbars Funster

As a Calor agent I can assure you the Cylinder Rental Agreement form you will need to be in YOUR name
    to obtain a partial refund. Sorry

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. bubble63

bubble63 Funster

good luck with the refund (y)

don't forget to take both your grand parents, everything in triplicate and an original copy of the south sea scroll, oh, and your original receipt;) in YOUR name:whistle:

Oh how I love calor.............not:rolleyes:
    nothing gives me greater pleasure than refilling from a pump, knowing I am avoiding the calor gas company(y)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. premiere99

premiere99 Funster

Just back from Johns Cross who refunded us for 2 x 6kg propane bottles we purchased from them back in 2008/9. They looked a bit puzzled at first as they have never done a refund for returned bottles but agreed that as a Calor agent they would honour the paperwork, typical no hassle service from JC as usual.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

When I enquired about getting a Calor bottle, as I couldn't get my Flogas exchanged, I was informed that not only would I need the original paperwork in my name, but I had to take it back to the dealer who would supply it. Given that I was 200miles from home, I decided to give it a miss and cope with cold water & salad - Gordon

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. stevec

stevec Funster

Well, I'm trying to get the receipt from the dealer who's offer included 2 gas bottles in my name. I have a feeling that they just exchanged a couple they had at the back of the warehouse, but they did state it in writing. In the grand scheme of things if I can't get a partial refund no great loss. If I have to take them back to the supplying outlet, then we shall be going down there for the habitation check at the end of August.

14. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I thought all the LPG at the pumps originates from Calor.

15. PeteH

PeteH Funster

My "Calor contract" goes back to 1968!!. And there is NO WAY I will have the "paperwork" still. Sooo. I have 2x13kg,(no only 1 now I gave one to a Pal a few years back) 2x7.5kg, Calor. 2 Flo-Gas 11kg, a 19kg and 7kg Argas, a 12kg Orange Repsol Spanish. (The Sepsa went back to Spain with my Mate last year!) Oh! and a Sivert .5kg used on my Brazing torch!. I also think I have a 12kg Calor butane somewhere?, from when we had the Heater.

BTW, if anyone wants a 40kg propane? try the field where the Itinerant`s last where, there is usually at least 2 or 3 (empty) kicking about!. It is alleged they steal them from houses not on the gas mains?

Pete

16. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

But usually they are some spurious make nobody has heard of.....or Flogas.

17. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

As far as I know, the R67 bottles are not only the latest standard, but also have a level gauge that works! I got the green RV bottles from Alugas which are the same thing (I think).

18. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Not so John, Large numbers are actually Calor. there was 4 abandoned on Lancaster road Carnaby IE Bridlington a couple of years ago after they evicted a load of "Travelling People".

Pete

19. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Only ones I ever see on the A64/Knapton junction are unknown or flogas.

I wonder what selection there will be on the A165 Scarboro park & ride site when the Itinerants leave.

20. PeteH

PeteH Funster

You know. it has occurred to me that there could be a business opportunity here?. If Calor (and the other LPG suppliers) could be persuaded that recovering all the "Missing" vessels would be advantageous in boosting the available supply and not needing to commission thousand`s of replacements annually. Whereas for a modest fee (A Bounty?) placed on all returns, the stock could be replenished? and those who recovered said missing stock would have a nice little earner?.

I commend this to the House!

Pete

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1