Calor gas - are deposits still refunded?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sciac2001, Nov 3, 2013.

1. sciac2001

sciac2001 Funster

We have converted to Gaslow permanent cylinders from our Calor Gas cylinders. Have read somewhere that Calor no longer reimburse the deposits first paid. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?
    (If it is, we have 2 x 6kg Light bottles, one of which is at least 1/2 full should anyone want to buy them cheaply from us. Bournemouth area.)

2. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Calor refund part of the deposit on a downward sliding scale depending on how old the contract is, you need the original contract paperwork to get any refund.

D.

3. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

Here is a link to the Calor website, which shows the % of deposit refunded depending on how long you have had the bottles and assuming you have the original paperwork showing when the deposit was paid:

http://tiny.cc/CalorRefund

4. sciac2001

sciac2001 Funster

Thanks all. Original contract taken out in 2003. No chance that I would still have the oroginal paperwork.
    6kg bottles anyone?

5. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

who would still have the paperwork and they have run that scam for years and under calories terms of use you technically cant sell them as they are still there property
    and are braking tare terms of use giving them away but can they reinforce it not relay
    there is that much money to be made by them recovering cylinders that ray have reps just collecting calender's from all sorts of places scrap yards garages tips caravan storage where caravans have been abandoned if there is a calorie cylinder and you cannot prove you have leased it they can tack it

6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

ME !!!! ME !!!

Have to admit it's only from January this year, was stuck for a Butane bottle and my 2 propane were still full so had to pay a deposit :(

Seem's all you can do is give them away... :Doh:

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

just sell it...if you can find a [STRIKE]mug[/STRIKE] buyer daft enough to pay money for one.

i doubt calor would even consider prosecution, even if they found out which they never could, as they still have the bottle, just in the care of someone else.

8. chaser

chaser Funster

As I said before, look on eBay for gas bottle woodburners:BigGrin: some people are making a fortune out of them

9. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

I go down our local Council tip.... and there are piles of them..:Eek!:

I would say no to your question... Or maybe them folk down here cannot be bothered. to get their deposit back, if you can .. :RollEyes::BigGrin:

10. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

play Calor at their own game.

Email (then you have proof) your local dealer and say you no longer need THEIR cylinder (it will always be their property remember) and give them one week to collect it or you will assume they no longer want possesion of it and you will sell it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

Now then, mmmmmm - a pair of light propane bottles is just what I need, unfortunately a bit away from 'sunny' Weston. Would have certainly relieved you of your burden in exchange for some of the Queens finest there.

Alas, a little far to travel - unless you are passing this way of course.:thumb:

Regards,

Trikeman.:Wink:

12. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I sold mine on eBay, good price I got as well.
    pick up only as couriers won't accept them.
    got £22 for one and got offered £10 for the other but decided to change it for a butane dumpy as we only have one Gaslow, wish I had 2 now but decided at the time just to have the dumpy as back up and then could fit a small French/Spanish/Portuguese bottle in its place if need be.
    cheaper to get gpl here though (France/Portugal) not many stations in spain though so wanted to make provision for that.

13. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

You could probably get at least a tenner on eBay for an empty 13kg Propane cylinder - at that price the winning bidder will be saving a goodly sum on their non-returnable deposit.

Anyone want a 13kg propane cylinder for a tenner? 10% funster discount, Collection only ;-)

14. sciac2001

sciac2001 Funster

Unfortunately, we will be heading "sarf" rather than ouest!