Free Member
Jun 5, 2015
winchester
Funster No
MH
renault machzone high top
Exp
since 1998
Evening all. Just found an interesting item. If you have a blue badge you get 50% discount on western isle ferries... That includes motorhomes. Then a txt... But only if you get free road tax.. Now this is. Where I start the fun?????? The equality act.. The disabled act. Are you less disabled in another vehicle. My partner has a mobility car via a dealer. But she pays tax.... You comments are awaited..... What odds on hilldweler in first five replies..... Hope so. Cheers. Froghopper

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My husband needs a machine to keep him breathing at night - but we were told we can't get an EHU at one particular rally as the EHU is for disabled people and you need a blue badge to prove you are disabled. Since we can both walk 100m, don't get the higher rate of mobility allownave etc etc we don't have a blue badge (and quite right to as we don't need it) but we DO need the EHU!!!!

I'm not sure who gets the free road tax, I know the previous owner of the car we have just bought did so maybe she had severe disability. Obviously some are more disabled than others and the line has to be drawn somewhere :)

Seven of nine

Free Member
Jun 16, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2013
If you get the higher rate of DLA you should get free road tax .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back