Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
as you all probably know the fares to the outer hebrides have always been on the excessive size ! the EU have stepped in and as a result massive subsidies have been injected by the scottish government. the cheapest crossing to lewis is the UIG (isle of skye) to TARBERT on the south harris bit of lewis. after many attempts of contacting caledonian mcbrayne i have at last got a result ! the new subsidised fares start on october 19th. and the aforementioned fares are thus. a motor home of up to 8metres will pay£68 return and motorhomes of above and up to 10 metres will pay £89.60 plus the usual passenger fares , also discounted ! this is a very good saving and considering the fact that there are so many places to park for free means that it opens up a whole new ball game for us camperers (wildman will explain)! :ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Absolute bargain!

I only wish this had come about two years ago when i went. I paid £250 for a Hopscotch Rover ticket to go from Ullapool over to Lewis and then do Harris, Uists, and Barra returning to Oban. And that was with a 5 metre limit. Had my van been above that.....the fare would have shot up astronomically!

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
as you all probably know the fares to the outer hebrides have always been on the excessive size ! the EU have stepped in and as a result massive subsidies have been injected by the scottish government. the cheapest crossing to lewis is the UIG (isle of skye) to TARBERT on the south harris bit of lewis. after many attempts of contacting caledonian mcbrayne i have at last got a result ! the new subsidised fares start on october 19th. and the aforementioned fares are thus. a motor home of up to 8metres will pay£68 return and motorhomes of above and up to 10 metres will pay £89.60 plus the usual passenger fares , also discounted ! this is a very good saving and considering the fact that there are so many places to park for free means that it opens up a whole new ball game for us camperers (wildman will explain)! :ROFLMAO:

hi i knew something good would happen on my birthday !!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Just been looking on their site,and they want £362.00 for a hopscotch 8 for my m/h @ the moment.I will wait until prices come down:Eeek:

steve

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
celebrations

many happy returns lady jann, mine two weeks today (i think) perhaps yesterday ! where on the welsh border are you, i am near shrewsbury at the moment .:thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Just been looking on their site,and they want £362.00 for a hopscotch 8 for my m/h @ the moment.I will wait until prices come down:Eeek:

steve
Thats the exact route i took two years ago Steve.

Don't forget also to add on the fare for driver and each passenger also. I had to pay a fare for my van......and another fare for myself as the sole occupant!

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
Thank you steve close to offas dyke , herefordshire (best county in the u k some say ):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

forever young :thumb:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
gods own country !

agree with you there ! in the old days when lived in bricks and mortar i was near leominster, try the grapes vaults in broad street. (google the name, i am the wazzock with the tongue out and in the bunny ears ! to this day i cant remember that night ! i frequently park up on the long stay car park and frequent the aforementioned hostelry, and the fish and chip shop. regards..stephen.:thumb: that should be grape vaults !!!!

Last edited:

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs
agree with you there ! in the old days when lived in bricks and mortar i was near leominster, try the grapes vaults in broad street. (google the name, i am the wazzock with the tongue out and in the bunny ears ! to this day i cant remember that night ! i frequently park up on the long stay car park and frequent the aforementioned hostelry, and the fish and chip shop. regards..stephen.:thumb: that should be grape vaults !!!!

thanks stephen , know it quite well , good to hear from you !! :thumb:

p s don t forget to let wildman know what ees missin up er !!! regards ray.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back