LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
There seem to be LOADS of new people arriving here all the time, which is excellent. Can I say Hello and Welcome to you all. The general gist of the introductory messages seems to go along the lines of, "I have just joined and ......"

Now I have to be careful how I word this. It may not be obvious that it is necessary to 'register' in order to gain access to the site. This gives the limited opportunity to take a look round and see if you like it (and who wouldn't!). However in order to become a full member requires that you 'subscribe' (it costs £15 but is well worth it). This will allow you to post beyond the initial 5 messages, enables you discounts from suppliers who offer their services on here, allow you eligibility to attend the club meets and gets access to area which non members do not get to see.

If you are content simply to view limited areas of the site that's fine but if you do wish to become a full member you can subscribe by clicking here:-

Broken Link Removed

otherwise that's fine.

If you are unsure of your status you might note that your avatar (That's the little picture to the left of your message) will show your screen name. If a full member it will be blue but if unsubscribed it shows in green.

Wyn

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
And don't forget. Rallies are the best for getting to know people and seeing how other members use their vans and what they have done to them.
Dont be shy, try your first Rally. Whats the worst that can happen...................

MBT

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Windermere, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2016 but a bit quiet for a couple of years
Hi , we have recently bought our first motorhome and are finding your site really useful, thanks for the help. We were wondering if anybody knew a reliable mobile .. or static! motorhome expert who would give us advice on fitting awnings, solar panels , refillable gas and external gas points. We live in the North west and there is a distinct lack of motorhome experts in the area. Can any body help?

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello MBT. Not being familiar with anyone in your area but Dave Newell of Telford does all this stuff. He is a funster and offers funster discount. It may seem a bit of a trip to get jobs done but it can be done as part of a day at Blists Hill and the other Telford attractions. There is even a camp site opposite.

http://davenewell.co.uk/

Wyn

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi , we have recently bought our first motorhome and are finding your site really useful, thanks for the help. We were wondering if anybody knew a reliable mobile .. or static! motorhome expert who would give us advice on fitting awnings, solar panels , refillable gas and external gas points. We live in the North west and there is a distinct lack of motorhome experts in the area. Can any body help?
Hi , Rhinoinstalls at Bamber bridge on 08452697902 used to be mobile but I think only work from their new unit now , I have used them they are very good .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009

Not exactly Northwest but not too far away from you - Dave Newall at Telford. Website here

(Also a regular on MotorhomeFun)

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I was one, registered as it was free, now I believe I have had £15 worth of free advice have subscribed. Booked first fun rally, Newbury retro weekend which saves money booking through fun, having spent many thousands a few extra may be well worth it.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
another hammer! Greetings!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its a common theme where people register and declare its the best £15 pound they've spent .My advice to any newbies is come along to one of the rallies and meet some people

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
its a common theme where people register and declare its the best £15 pound they've spent .My advice to any newbies is come along to one of the rallies and meet some people
.......which will require being a registered forum member.

Wyn

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
...and they almost always say it has saved them an awful lot more than that.

Wyn

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Take you new (to you) Moho to a garage for some "technician" to plug in to his machine ....It could be this or it could be that...But that's @£140 please..
A host of good knowledge ,OK and some googling involved :) by some
But Mechanics , technicians and owners on the site with a wealth of info for only £15 a year ....No brainer imo:D

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Take you new (to you) Moho to a garage for some "technician" to plug in to his machine ....It could be this or it could be that...But that's @£140 please..
A host of good knowledge ,OK and some googling involved :) by some
But Mechanics , technicians and owners on the site with a wealth of info for only £15 a year ....No brainer imo:D
Hear, hear.

Wyn

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I was one, registered as it was free, now I believe I have had £15 worth of free advice have subscribed. Booked first fun rally, Newbury retro weekend which saves money booking through fun, having spent many thousands a few extra may be well worth it.
This does seem to be the case.

Wyn

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Newbies Check out the scheduled rallies section on Fun you may find there are still some places left :) on some of them .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back