Calling all Funsters In Zahora (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, There's passion look you.

Ohhhh Brian that sounds soooo much a Welshy accent , we think you are picking up our accent at last .... well done boyo ..:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:t .....

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
but if my main reason for driving over 2,000 miles was find winter sun then it would definitely be Almeria .. despite the tomato growing.

Jim

Ah there's the difference between us! We don't think about driving 2,000 miles to find winter sun - our journey is all part of the adventure - we take weeeeeks to get there,:Smile: visiting friends and family along the way :Smile:and stopping in other interesting places too! :Smile:We have a holiday for about a month then arrive at our winter destination - stay for the winter season then have about a month's adventure travelling back to UK!

Summer in the UK is spent travelling and visiting friends and family before we start the adventure all over again!:thumb:

Last year, for health reasons, we set off in late October and did the Portsmouth - Santander ferry on the Wednesday arriving in Zahora the following Sunday - what an anti-climax that was - we hadn't had our adventure along the way!:Sad:

Will only do that route again if absolutely necessary!:Smile:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Well, we have just had the storm of storms, 1 inch deep in hailstones outside our awning. They were literally the size of maltesers, me and Bryan couldn't believe it.:Eeek:

Well what a night, the worst storm since we have been here, nearly brought the whole safari room down the weight of the hailstones was too much for the roof, will have to try and get a new pole somewhere tomorrow.:Doh:

I think the worst has passed now, Bryan has gone to see if our neighbours are coping ok. :thumb:

So glad we have great fellow campers, cos the weather is ***** that's with a capital S:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still loving it and not ready to come home though:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Ah there's the difference between us! We don't think about driving 2,000 miles to find winter sun -

You missed out one important word Marie... I said IF .. and we are not that different to you.

We spend three years wandering back and forth to southern Spain and Portugal and never thought of it as a dash to the Sun .. like you we spent months getting there and months coming back to the UK.. and that was only to get an MOT .. but not everyone is as lucky as you or I.. some only have a few weeks, or a couple of months. I think I would be disappointed, to say the least, if I drove that distance, spent a lot of money and didn't find reasonably good weather..
Last year we toured Scotland, not for good weather ..but we knew before we went it would more than likely be wet... we weren't disappointed ... :roflmto:

That's what forums are all about.. getting information and making a choice based the experiences of others.

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
That's what forums are all about.. getting information and making a choice based the experiences of others.

Well said Jim, since we started motorhoming we have relied on forums to get the benefit of other motorhomer's experiences.

We have been let down once or twice but in the main it has worked ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ohhhh Brian that sounds soooo much a Welshy accent , we think you are picking up our accent at last .... well done boyo ..:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:t .....

Spent the weekend at Abegele. I love the Welsh accent on English, it's musical. Hint of Italy there. Look how well Alex Jones has done on the one show. Welsh speaking Welsh is another matter, now that reminds me of Dutch, about as musical as an X-Factor winner.

Lovely camp site but next to A55 so a grim sleepless weekend. I thought £20 a night was a bit on the high side for March.

And worse, the CC I used got cloned and now I'm temporarily cardless.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Spent the weekend at Abegele. I love the Welsh accent on English, it's musical. Hint of Italy there. Look how well Alex Jones has done on the one show. Welsh speaking Welsh is another matter, now that reminds me of Dutch, about as musical as an X-Factor winner.

Lovely camp site but next to A55 so a grim sleepless weekend. I thought £20 a night was a bit on the high side for March.

And worse, the CC I used got cloned and now I'm temporarily cardless.

Bummer you didnt get much sleep, unusual for you Brian that you didnt check out the site on google map/earth etc to see where it was situated

Just think when you visit the Brecon Jazz this year you will be able to sing with us now you have the "accent"

Lowlife's, there are some evil folk about ... hope they didnt get away with much and sorted soon for you

Kath

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Bummer you didnt get much sleep, unusual for you Brian that you didnt check out the site on google map/earth etc to see where it was situated

Just think when you visit the Brecon Jazz this year you will be able to sing with us now you have the "accent"

Lowlife's, there are some evil folk about ... hope they didnt get away with much and sorted soon for you

Kath

I did see the road but never thought it would be as noisy as it was. I did not allow for Irish ferries.

We can't do Brecon, we've promised to go to daughter's in Hexham. They are being very secretive about who's on this year. I'd prefer Brecon to a village fete but a man has to do what a man has to do.

The lowlifes only got as far as an o2 top up when they were spotted, no cost to me but this is getting regular. Every year or so it happens. I've no idea if this is a web or local rip off but in this e-buying world it's got to keep happening.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back