Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
When such good service is given, I believe its something to shout about. I know what its like to put the extra effort in only for the recipient to to begger off without a word of thanks:Angry:, so here we go.:thumb:

We pulled up at Eurotunnel 48 hours ago to find a MAJOR malfunction with our 5th wheel which we didn't even know about untill the checkin staff pointed it out and consequently couldn't travel.:cry:
Managed to limp to Black Horse Farm C.C where the Wardens, Eileen & Peter were fantastic and couldn't have beeen more helpfull.:thumb:

Then, its on the phone to Calder Leisure to source new parts ASAP:Eeek:
Thankfully, I knew exactly what we needed and after e-mailing photos up to Calder things began to happen with VERY impressive speed.

Firstly, Angela did a fantastic job of organising the logistics side of things and chasing couriers to get the kit to us as fast as possible.

Second, Gary in the workshop, was absolutely marvelous with invaluable experience and advice. The kit turned up yesterday afternoon and EVERTHING was there and EVERTHING was right first time.

Think about it. I'm running an American 5th wheel, imported by a company in Edinburgh and I'm broken down in Dover! Short of being on the other side of the channel, it couldn't be any worse!:Eeek:.........but within 48 hours, when we've had some breakfast and taken a deep breath, we're ready to try again, frazzled but not beaten!:Doh:

Well done Calder Leisure. Superb service. :thumb:

Deleted User
I bought a unit off Calder Leisure roughly at the same time as you did and would be interested to know what the problem was. Hope your problems are solved and have a safe and uneventful journey. :Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, always good when you get good service, when we were looking at 5th wheelers they seemed nice people.
You were lucky to spot it this side of the water, we had trouble in france one year, and had the package sent to a post office in the village we were staying and collected in there. :Smile:
We kept going in everyday, and then one day he said with a big smile............... for you. ::bigsmile:

Good luck with the rest of the trip, and have a safe one. :thumb: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Thanks for the good wishes guys, much appreciated.
As an update, we're now happily pitched up on my cousins driveway in a small village called Verdets, south of Oleron St Marie.
We had a great run down, wildcamping in a beautiful forest near Rouen and then stayed at a ridiculously expensive site at Poitiers (22 euros for the night!). The only reason we went was for the indoor pool..........which was closed!:ROFLMAO::Doh:

We're going to stay here for a few days and try and get some mountain biking in and then we head over into Spain.

All the best

Z

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back