Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Hiya

Any suggestions as to : about every 20 secs. a high pitched single squeal seems to originate about mid-van. I have tried the obvious things like smoke-alarm batteries but all to no avail - next step is EAR DEFENDERS never had the problem in the previous 18 months

Al.:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Was going to say smoke alarm do you have an inverter on board when we had one it would start to make high pitch noise when your battery get below certain voltage. Apart from that id go for the ear plugs you can get inside ears loads better:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
On EHU. never had the problem before !!! if i could some guts would be ripped out of something to make it stop!!

Al.

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
LPG alarm fault - i think this may be the problem .............anyone any suggestions how to sort it out/disarm it?

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
As others have said, the most likely is the lpg alarm, which will be mounted close to the floor.

Check the voltage and make sure that it is over 12volts.

Assuming you do not have a gas leak or have recently cleaned the carpet with chemical cleaner, use a vacuum or air pressure to clean the sensor on the unit, dust will sit on it and give a false reading.

In your 12 volt fuse box there will be one fuse that will cover that alarm, remove this fuse if all else fails, at least it will be quiet, BUT establish 100% you do not have a gas leak first.

I understand that some alarms have an integrated battery, if this the case make sure it's not flat.

Good luck.

Nigel and Pamala

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Reset button no good?

Pull it out and check connections and voltage, though these are usually permant feeds from the leasure batteries and maybe try vacuming it, I'm sure I read somewhere recently someone advising the same for a dodgey LPG alarm?

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS sorted out !!!!!!!!!!!! simply went to LPG alarm (lower middle of van) played about and held in the reset button , light changed from amber to green to no display shown at all Atwood lpg sensor btw.

EAR DEFENDERS PUT AWAY thanks to all who helped (it makes a massive difference to be able to ask funsters for assistance)

Alan:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back