Cadac or bbq (that will fit into side rear autotrail locker)? (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Cadac or bbq (that will fit into side rear autotrail locker)?

I’ve got a newish type cadac, that runs on camping gaz, its not the three legged type but slightly older one (single stem on gaz bottle fold out three leg stabiliser), its always been rubbish never gets hot enough, it sort of broils the meat, not burns it man style.

I did have the very old cast iron type which got really really hot, just right for blue steaks, so I’m wondering will my existing one improve with a new low pressure stem and run it of the main butane bottle, or are that particular type rubbish, if that’s the case what are the new type like with the 3 aluminium legs? I need heat and plenty of it.

Or I could go for a smallish gas bbq but it would need to fit into a side locker so could not be too big.

Reconditions please

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
In the face of the hundreds of supporters - I would not buy another Cadac, whilst they are great to cook on, they are a pain to clean and a pain to store.

Buy a cheap BBQ like the one shown below and you will find the cleaning to be minimal and storage is easy, you will also be around £100 richer:Smile:

359697.jpg

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
In the face of the hundreds of supporters - I would not buy another Cadac, whilst they are great to cook on, they are a pain to clean and a pain to store.

Buy a cheap BBQ like the one shown below and you will find the cleaning to be minimal and storage is easy, you will also be around £100 richer:Smile:

that the sort of thing Im considering, but I'd need a bit bigger, no diet here:ROFLMAO:

anybody else?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've got a Cadac ..albeit minus two legs .. (lost on a French Autoroute :roflmto: )
after that I bought a cheap supermarket charcoal one and rediscovered the real taste of burnt meat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:... can't beat it :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've got a Cadac ..albeit minus two legs .. (lost on a French Autoroute :roflmto: )
after that I bought a cheap supermarket charcoal one and rediscovered the real taste of burnt meat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:... can't beat it :thumb:

That reminds me Jim, I have those cadac legs for you:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That reminds me Jim, I have those cadac legs for you:thumb:

Hi Jim..

I just remembered to saying .. forgot all about it until this post came up :Doh:
next time we meet up :thumb:

but no worries, I'm enjoying the charcoal barbie.. can't beat it .. if I get the legs I'll flog it .. :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back