Cadac BBQ and gas pipe help please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hudders1, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Hudders1

Hudders1 Read Only Funster

Hi I have just got a cadac BBQ and I'm wanting to connect it to my gas cylinder in my motorhome the cylinder is in a side compartment. How far can I have a pipe from the regulator and can I use a t junction and quick release nozzle and jubilee clip? I have tried looking but cannot get much info regarding connecting etc. thanks

2. Inthezone

Inthezone Read Only Funster

BBQ Point

I would suggest that you fit or have fitted a proper exterior BBQ point, dont scrimp on somthing that has serious saftey implications,
    Also its much easier in the long run to have a proper exterior point fitted, there available at most caravan / motorhome shops.

I am sure that the cost of fitting will be reasonable, and at least you will be able to rest knowing that its safe.

Hope this helps:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. New Dawn

New Dawn Funster

You can contact Cadac direct. Can't find the number, but check on website, they will have all the info you need. Exterior fitting for gas outlet is the way we went. Sorry can't be more helpfull.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

I suggest you fit one of these - Funster discount available from John Cross.
    http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/bullfinch-gas-point.html

Or have one fitted - there must be a Funster fitter somewhere near you.

There is a similar item manufactured by Reich but I prefer the Bullfinch as it has an auto shut-off valve that operates as you insert or remove the coupling.

5. Clive

Clive Funster Life Member

I had one of these fitted for £75, seems silly to muck about :Eeek:

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Always use a hose designed for use with LPG. The hose should have a maximum length of 2m with clamps at both ends.

any responsible seller will only sell in 2mtr lengths....i found this out at my local farmers/country store.
    Nothing to stop you buying any length from ebay or at the various mh shows.
    They arent concerned with your safety....only in turning a quid.

I bought 2 x 2mtr lengths and a suitabl sized barbed coupler to join them together.

As already said, by far the quickest and safest method of connection is a dedicated external BBQ point.